About the Job
The enterprise security space is thriving and Akamai is growing with it! We are looking for a
Senior Software Engineer to work on Akamai's Zero Trust security initiatives. You will develop
cloud networking, security and client applications to bring to market new and innovative
solutions to today's enterprise security challenges. You will be responsible for design and
development in a highly collaborative distributed environment.
* As part of the team, contribute to creating cloud and client based solutions to complex and
interwoven sets of problems.
* Design and implementation of high performance software focused on enterprise security and
networking needs while maintaining robustness, scalability and fault-tolerance of the platform.
* Implement rapid prototypes to bring products to market quickly to meet our customers needs.
* Effective communication and documentation of your designs, implementation and test plans
within the team and across other teams within the company.
About the Team
Akamai's Enterprise Division is a dynamic business unit responsible for developing Enterprise Security, Identity, and Application Access products to enable customer Enterprise IT and Security teams. These solutions provide fast and reliable enterprise application access and help mitigate endpoint malware and phishing attempts to help provide safer, easier, and faster security transformations. Ultimately, our goal is to secure, protect, and accelerate all Enterprise communications as a cloud gateway service. The division consists of product management, engineering, sales and technical pre-sales, product marketing, business development, and product support, and works closely with several other groups within Akamai and our external partners.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree in computer science or similar
engineering field or
* 3 years of relevant experience and a PhD in a computer science or similar engineering field
* 5+ years of experience programming with C, C++ or Python.
* 3+ years of experience with software development on Linux/Unix or similar platforms.
* 3+ years of experience with common Internet protocols (TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS)
* 2+ years of experience with design and development using cloud or container based systems
(AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes)
* Experience with design and development of VPN systems (IPSec, TLS, SSL)
* Experience developing networking applications in Golang
* Experience with design and development of mobile networking solutions (iOS, Android)
* Experience with Objective C, Swift, React Native or related mobile platform languages
* Experience with large scale database design and administration
* Experience with a distributed highly available client/server system
* Strong software development and design skills in a Linux/Unix environment
* Ability to reason about and troubleshoot complex systems
* Familiarity with test frameworks and test automation
* Desire to work in a fast-paced, results oriented team
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Understanding of Agile software methodology
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.