The Akamai Platform Engineering team is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help evolve our private cloud infrastructure and services. The Akamai Private Cloud (APC) enables our internal product development teams to innovate by providing similar features to public cloud offerings. If you have experience developing/operating software in any form of cloud environment and are looking for a new challenging opportunity to work on the next generation of the Akamai network, we want to talk with you!
As a DevOps engineer in the System Security and Communication (SysComm) team, you can play a major part in this effort to evolve the Akamai platform and enable our strategy for creating highly inventive technology solutions for our customers and driving more traffic on the Internet. This job requires a developer who is focused on operations and ensuring our managed services rarely need any humans involved to keep them running and maintained. There is a large gap between setting up an open source system once and making that system reliable and available instantly at the click of a button or via an API call. We're working and leveraging technologies such as the open source project Vault from Hashicorp, containers, Kubernetes orchestration on Istio.
As a DevOps Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
* Becoming a subject matter expert (SME) of several internal, distributed and managed services
* Automating the installation, configuration and maintenance of services on our virtual compute platform
* Managing system-level performance tuning to optimize for reliability and efficiency
* Guiding software releases and activations for new features and platform configuration while prioritizing safety
* Supporting users by consulting on their designs and guiding their use of the Akamai's private cloud
About the Team
Part of our Platform Engineering organization, the SysComm team is in charge of developing global managed services for use by internal teams for economically deploying highly scalable products. These systems operate behind the scenes to secure our network, help product teams bring their latest ideas to market faster and provide the fault-tolerant and highly-scalable core of Akamai's platform as a service for internal users.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent or
* Relevant experience and a Master's degree or PhD
* Relevant Professional Experience
* 1+ year of experience with Linux
* 1+ year of experience with programming languages such as Python, Go or Bash
* 1+ year of experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, Travis, gitlab ci)
* 1+ year of experience with Kubernetes or Istio
* 1+ year of experience with different cloud service models (e.g. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Serverless)
* Linux System Administration Knowledge (e.g. server administration, internals, package management)
* Experience with container technology and microservices
* Experience with deployment/configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, puppet, chef, fabric)
* Experience with Monitoring/Logging/Performance Analytics (e.g.. Logstash/Kibana, DataDog, Splunk, FluentD)
* Experience operating fault-tolerant distributed systems (e.g. Redundancy, Availability Zones, Data Reliability)
* Experience with SQL and noSQL database technologies such as PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, or Cassandra
* Experience with AWS or equivalent technologies (e.g. EC2, EBS, RDS, Elasticache, Kinesis)
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.