We are seeking an outstanding Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (Sr. SDET) to be part of the Luna Engineering team. You will be part of a scrum team and work closely with them to enable and support good quality practices and build integration and system tests, both manual and automated. The goal is to ensure quality code releases that are highly resilient, scalable, and performing optimally on our state-of-the-art distributed infrastructure.
* Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes pride in high quality software engineering and instills these values in others.
* Focused on delivering value to the business; a persistent and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar.
* Explores and brings the latest best practices in software engineering techniques and methods.
* Strong collaborative, communication and presentation skills to effectively articulate process. changes, requirements and design gaps.
* Effectively translates design documents, change requests, and related materials into test strategies & test plans
* Provide good estimates for sizable components even in dynamic situations when chasing a moving target
* Participate in design and code reviews, software maintenance releases, and documentation of test cases and results
* Building/harnessing existing testing tools and automated testing frameworks written in Java
* Use a variety of tools and techniques to quickly find defects
* Drive test efforts for major releases or within Agile sprints
* Be involved in functional (integration, system) and non-functional (usability, performance, security) testing of Akamai's products
* Develop new approaches to solve problems identified during Quality Engineering activities; Influence development teams with regards to prioritizing testability and operationalization aspects of the modules; collaborate with team members on testing activities. Identify opportunities for code optimization or design changes that will prevent defects and lower maintenance
* Mentor less experienced SDETs in best practices and processes, helping them grow
About the Team
Luna Control Center is Akamai's integrated web interface into products, services, and platform. This is our customer's doorway/connection to all things Akamai, allowing them to manage and monitor their Akamai products, interact with professional services and support staff, or integrate Akamai data into their environments.
Working with this team will give you a unique chance to experience the edge - Akamai is the edge. And edge is the next frontier of digital business. It's where users connect, where digital life is experienced, where clouds, devices and vast streams of data come together.
Applicants must meet the following education and experience requirements:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or its equivalent or
* 3 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree in Computer Science
* 5-8 years of relevant experience as an SDET or Software Quality
* 5+ years of experience writing test automation code using Java
* 5+ years of experience writing complete feature test plans and test cases
* Experience testing REST based API interfaces both manually and automated
* Experience testing and automating Web UI using or building a shared automation framework
* Good command of Selenium WebDriver and TestNG, including Page Object design patterns and Selenium Grid configurations
* Good knowledge of Internet technologies: RESTful Web Services and HTTP proxies, HTTP and HTTPS Protocols, web servers and databases (SQL), and how to test them
* Great command in different QA Methodologies (black-box, white-box and gray-box) for both web UIs and backends, both manually and automated
* Experience in creating User centric test cases
* Experience in performance test and benchmarking concepts
* Good communications skills, and attention to details
* Experience with applications running in a micro-service/containerized environment
* Comfortable working with and testing Linux based Operating Systems
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.