We believe that every modern productivity application will need to connect users to experts. We call this trend Expert Intelligence, and see Microsoft (the world's largest productivity company) as being central to this trend.
The gig economy (http://aka.ms/gigeconomy) is disrupting traditional labor models and enabling a whole new way of working. At the heart of this disruption is the power of the human cloud, and the ability for technology to hyper-efficiently match users to experts who can provide a guaranteed successful outcome in near-real-time.
This is an atypical Microsoft PM role for a number of reasons; we're a small incubation team responsible for driving vision, strategy and execution for this emerging trend. It's not about a single product or feature, but rather about how we think about expert intelligence as a common service that can be leveraged across our company. At the same time we need to demonstrate real customer value on specific scenarios (which we are building).
This role will involve high levels of ambiguity, and a rapidly shifting strategy as we learn from our work (and the industry) and adjust accordingly. Driving clarity and execution in this environment will be critical.
While much of the role will be focused on our execution strategy; we are also responsible for painting the broader vision, and you can expect to be pulled into some of this work as well.
Experience with the human cloud (training, onboarding and/or managing talent pools) is not required, but is a valuable skill for this role.
* 5+ years of relevant experience in Technical Product Management and/or Program Management experience
* Experience running an end-to-end experience/project (breadth vs depth)
* Experience working on end-user facing Ux (e.g. consumer products/websites)
* Experience with agile/Scrum software development;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills;
* Experience working with the Human Cloud (freelancers, gig economy labor pools etc…) is valuable but not required.
* Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Partner with design, development and freelancers to develop a compelling v1 solution
* Define, document and deliver the user experience experience (translate customer experiences into clearly defined product requirements)
* Design a solution that meets our v1 goals, but has room for quick iteration/improvement to scale to a broad base platform
* Prioritize, prioritize, prioritize (keep our team focused for v1)
* Identify key knowledge gaps, and create a strategy for learning (and filling these gaps)
* Create a learning strategy that ensures that we make decisions optimized to increase our understanding with an eye towards future scale.
* Manage the day-to-day relationship with our go-to-market partner - 3rd party - (who will drive talent acquisition/management)
* Flexible planning methods that can rapidly react to new information, requirements and priorities
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.