What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and dream to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD Infinity Data Fabric (DF) is used across all of our product segments including EPYC, Ryzen, Vega, Navi and Semi-Custom products. In this role, the engineer will be an important part of a highly visible and motivated team responsible for DF silicon enablement across all AMD products. You will be the lead software developer for IP-level silicon enablement tool-chain. You will work with staff to understand existing tools, scripts and their use cases pertaining to : extracting, delivering and checking IP initialization/configuration settings, IP feature enablement, IP performance stressing, debugging functional and performance issues observed on silicon. Combining your knowledge of computer architecture, modern software architectural concepts and research of best-practices, you will develop new or update existing capabilities to continuously improve productivity across all use cases.
* MS in CE or EE plus 2 years of work experience
* BS in CE or EE plus 4 years of work experience
* Strong programming skills in C, C++, Ruby, Perl, Python, OpenCL and x86 assembly-language
* Strong background in Computer architecture and processor microarchitecture.
* Familiarity with RISC or CISC level instruction sets, memory ordering, interrupts, MMU, caches and coherency rules.
* Familiarity with hardware description languages like Verilog or VHDL.
* Location: Austin
* Lead developer for IP Silicon Enablement Tool-chain
* Work with internal customers to comprehend usage models and requirements
* Define a software architecture and build a scalable silicon debug/power/perf analysis tool chain
* Lead developer of an xml based IP spec delivery tool
* Develop understanding of basic silicon initialization and configuration sequences (BIOS/Firmware) - for all product segments (Servers, laptops, discrete graphics and ML-accelerators)
* Evolve existing scripts into one scalable tool
* Design a diagnostic development framework and craft C/C++/OpenCL/assembly based diagnostics to enable improved IP validation, performance analysis and hit corner cases
* Work with the design team to understand requirements, validation plans, etc.
* Research best-practices in software tools development, evaluate and apply appropriate open-source solutions to develop highly efficient and user-friendly software infrastructure for all of the above
* Publish quality user documentation and provide training as needed
Requisition Number: 73145
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.