What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Do You Desire More Power?
AMD Semi Custom Platform Engineering is looking for Power Performance Technical Lead to own and drive power and performance optimization for Semi Custom APU Systems. Working closely with many groups across AMD, you will be responsible for power and performance attainment for Semi Custom APU systems. This technical role works across the entire development flow with technical experts from Process Technology, IP, SoC, PM arch, Firmware (especially SMU), Graphics Driver, O/S, and the feature enablement, optimization, and validation teams. The scope is hardware and software Power Management feature enablement through optimization for APU systems
Power System Lead Engineer 69142
* Optimize power and performance attainment for Semi Custom APU/CPU products
* Work with the System Architect to set power and performance attainment objectives for APU/CPU products
* Technically interface with all of the functions required to enable and optimize power management for Semi Custom APU/CPU products
* Develop strong partnerships with program stakeholders across the organization and development partners
* Direct the unit test, integration, optimization, and validation of all power management features via a core team focused on this scope
* Feedback improvement areas to the various teams, including the power management architecture, IP, SoC, O/S, FW, and silicon enablement teams
* Communicate status to executive-level audience
* Identify risk areas and mitigation plans for this scope
* Serve a as point of escalation for any of the functional teams involved and resolve technical and resource hurdles
* Extensive industry experience in semiconductor, hardware or firmware development
* Direct technical experience on APU/CPU power management architecture, features, and implementation
* Excellent verbal communication and written, presentation skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership, analytical, project planning and management skills.
* Proven ability to deliver large cross-functional technical deliverables
* Experience in product development with hardware platforms and their software ecosystem. Specific experience in X86, ARM, GPU solutions preferred.
* Business savvy; able to think strategically and make intelligent technical vs business trade-off recommendations
* Experience working in a fast-paced matrixed technical organization and multi-site environment
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer or Electrical Engineering preferred with 10 to 15+ years industry experience
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.