What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Work across AMD's Semi-Custom Business Unit organization and other AMD organizations to conduct pre-silicon system engineering planning and post-silicon system execution and drive/lead technical issue resolution for AMD's semi-custom products. Work directly with customers to resolve technical issues when required. This role is critical to ensure technical operation to meet product specifications and customer delivery requirement and system validation coverage metrics.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Contribute on forming validation technical strategy, own execution of validation strategy, tool requirements, validation architecture, and validation issue resolution management for system level product features
* Support silicon and system validation, characterization, and debug of microprocessor, graphics and chip-set products
* • Review product features and validation test plans to ensure high feature coverage
* Drive validation bring-up planning, preparation and execution
* Own feature validation tracking and summarize detailed validation execution status
* Review test reports for technical accuracy and completeness
* Define debug strategies for critical issues reported from post silicon validation process
* Support product and process improvement activities
* Technical leadership role on leading technical execution virtual team
* • Prior track record or experience of
* x86/ARM based system/product design
* OR SOC design
* OR firmware/driver development for complex SOC based system
* Or FPGA based system/product design
* Or design/specialized in one specific IP function
* Or debug complex system hardware and software
* Familiar with Microsoft Client Operating Systems, Linux Operating Systems, virtualization software
* • Familiar with one or multiple high speed IO protocol or interfaces (PCIE/USB/DDR/Displayport/HDMI)
* Familiar with SOC or system level power management is a plus• Familiar with Computer Architecture concepts is a must.
* Effective communication skills
* Team player with proven leadership skills
* Highly organized, able to prioritize, and juggle multiple work streams to tight deadlines
* Ability to network, build relationships, and drive effective decision-making across multiple functions and levels within the organization
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills along with attention to details
* Technical program management
* Familiar with microprocessor bring-up and debug
* Familiar with C/C++, JAVA, and scripting language programming
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering. Requires 5-10 years experience of developing Mobile, Desktop, and/or Server Systems.
At AMD, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. AMD does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and AMD will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
Requisition Number: 73707
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics units, processors, and media solutions.