What you'll be doing...
Verizon Network Systems team is looking for a senior Full Stack Developer in the role of a senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). As SRE, you will be an integral member of a dynamic team that will develop automation to improve reliability of our mission critical platforms. You will define SLIs (service level indicators) and SLOs (service level objectives), and improve the resiliency of the applications to meet the SLOs through advanced development practices. You will look for automation opportunities in order to reduce toil.
This is a role for someone from a strong development background who has experience in systems engineering, development using modern frameworks, AWS and automation. Our SRE's intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and openness is key to its success. If you are mission driven and enjoy challenging work, this is definitely the team for you.
* Architect a SRE framework for the portfolio. Define SLIs and SLOs, and improve the application resiliency to meet the SLOs.
* Develop new processes to prevent problem recurrence and automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
* Develop dashboards for tracking of SLOs and publish to business partners.
* Lead opportunities for modern automation through development of RPAs and Chatbots.
* Partner with the AWS engineering team to develop automation and enable SRE practices in AWS applications.
* Collaborate across all levels of organization to drive the SRE model.
* Managing the migration of applications from on premise to AWS and define the operations model in AWS.
* Lead initiatives to continuously refine our on-premise and AWS deployment practices for improved reliability, repeatability and security.
* Configure build pipelines to support automated testing and deployment using CloudFormation and Ansible.
* Utilize DevOps methodologies and work with application developers and operations to guide the development and implementation of Cloud applications, systems and processes.
* Deploy and orchestrate Docker and Kubernetes containers on a Cloud platform.
* Employ DevOps and agile principles; utilize Jira, Jenkins and Ansible to enable CI / CD of various cloud applications.
What we're looking for...
You will need to have :
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
* Six or more years of strong development experience delivering strategic programs.
* Full stack development experience.
Even better if you have :
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in one of the following: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Technology, and/or other related field of study.
* Experience with Python or any other scripting language.
* Experience with BASH shell scripting or Perl scripting would be a plus.
* Experience with Java and Spring Boot
* Familiarity with REST API design and development
* CI/CD pipeline development and deployment experience (Jenkins, Ansible)
* DevOps container and orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef)
* Knowledge of AWS and experience architecting and developing on AWS
* Experience with SQL and knowledge of either Oracle or PostgreSQL
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple products across the organization.
* Experience multitasking multiple high priority objectives.
* Experience with Automation Anywhere for RPAs or Chatbots would be a plus.
* Prior knowledge or understanding of the principles of SRE would be a plus.
* AWS certifications would be a plus.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.