What you'll be doing...
The Verizon Digital team is undergoing a major transformation focused on rapidly evolving our business towards a customer-centric, digital-first future. We are seeking strategic thinkers, thought leaders, and highly motivated risk takers who are comfortable innovating around our customer's needs, driving business objectives and maximizing technology capabilities to redefine the path of a Fortunesixteen company. Our organization is uniquely positioned to impact the end-to-end customer journey, and we are looking for candidates who are laser focused on disrupting the status quo and delivering seamless, meaningful experiences to millions of consumers every day.
The Verizon Global Technology Solutions team is seeking a Lead Java Developer for the Systems of Engagement (SOE) platform to support all touch points Digital, Telesales, Care applications.
* Ensure that the backend services are designed and implemented using industry standards of performance and scalability.
* Ensure response times are met by defining near and far cache techniques suited for the application.
* Work with cloud engineering team to ensure the architecture laid out is suited for AWS cloud.
* Ensure reusable components are being used to align to the future directional architecture of SOE.
* Work with offshore teams to assign tasks, track progress and perform code reviews to make sure code quality is maintained.
* Ensure daily technical hurdles are addressed in a process re-engineering way and they are handled at framework level.
* Ensure instrumentation is in place for business and system metrics measurement.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in programming with Java /J2EE technologies.
* Experience in developing web based applications.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
* Experience in React JS or related UI framework.
* Experience in Reactive platform (Spring 5 reactive or similar).
* Experience in Adobe Experience manager (AEM).
* Experience developing with continuous integration in a high-volume production environment AWS experience (Cloud Formation, resource provisioning and management) Knowledge of Kubernetes.
* Adaptability and the ability to multitask in an extremely fast paced environment with deadlines.
* Ability to build to code responsive, fluid and static HTML pages.
* Ability to resolve cross-browser compatibility issues.
* Design and development experience with: Redis, Kafka, Elastic Search, Grafana.
* Experience in Java 8 features such as Lambda expressions, Streams and Completable Futures.
* Experience on various open source projects such as Apache Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka.
* Knowledge in System Analysis and Design, implementation and testing of technology to create highly scalable and distributed applications.
* Strong skills in OOAD and fine working knowledge of UML artifacts like sequence diagrams, class diagrams and block diagrams.
* Experience in various software design methodologies such as Agile/Scrum, XP, and TDD.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to troubleshoot application and database related issues.
* Team-player with ability to mentor junior developers.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.