What you'll be doing...
The Eng-III Systems is responsible for the advanced operation and maintenance of a complex multivendor nationwide network, ensuring network integrity and quality. The Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting end to end issues on an ever changing network.
This troubleshooting consists of a combination of working directly on devices, observing and interpreting data from tools, and coordinating with other internal and external teams towards resolution.
* Working closely with Cross Functional Teams and vendors collaborating on optimal solutions for current and future MPN infrastructure and solutions.
* Proactively looking for areas to improve overall network performance.
* Finding and resolving system issues on the network by utilizing traditional and non-traditional means.
* Providing leadership and direction to your team as well as other network teams.
* Interacting with cross-functional teams to deploy and optimize components for best efficiency and reliability.
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
* Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even Better if you Have:
* A degree
* CCNA, JCNIA or related certification.
* Ability to improve overall network performance. Finding and resolving system issues on the network by utilizing traditional and non-traditional means.
* Leadership skills and direct your team as well as other network teams.
* Ability to interact with cross-functional teams to deploy and optimize components for best efficiency and reliability.
* Three or more years of experience in the wireless Industry
* Advanced broad technical leadership skills in the current wireless environment
* Strong presentation skills
* RHCE or related experience
* Technical triage and crisis management skills
* Clear & concise communication skills
* Ability to Command and Control outage bridges
* Ability to sectionalize troubleshooting
* Knowledge of Verizon MPN Architecture and feature set is vital
* Strong knowledge of VZW EPC tools. (SevOne, IrisView, NetScout)
* Ability to utilize internal and external performance tools to troubleshoot customer issues and reduce both MTTR and MTTI (SevOne, NetScout, Wireshark, Irisview Suite)
* Strong knowledge of End to End call flows for:1X, EVDO, LTE, IMS, and CDS/ ASP Applications, VoLTE, MPN
* Experience in data presentation (Tableau) or programming/automation experience.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.