What you'll be doing...
This position will be responsible for defining the strategic vision for one or more devops, cloud, API and/or container platform. You will be responsible for building a robust method of gathering user feedback at scale from your customers (Verizon software engineers). You will need to build and prioritize the backlog of different kind of work the engineering team will work on in their Agile development cadence. You will be the face of the product - representing it to key leadership stakeholders and responsible for its overall success.
* Gather feedback at scale from end users. Experience with quantitative data gathering techniques like surveys and focus groups as well as qualitative techniques like customer interviews.
* Leverage visualization techniques to help identify pain points with user experience like customer journey mapping.
* Build, update and prioritize product backlog.
* Builduser stories with enough detail that the engineering team can build to a definition of done.
* Communicate clearly the priorities of different stories / epics so the team knows what work is most important.
* Communicate effectively to ensure your customers are well informed on new features, bug fixes, outages, and upgrades to the platform you own. This will include opportunities for public speaking internally at conferences.
* Build the Verizon tech brand by speaking at external conferences about our cloud and devops journey.
* Coordinate with other product owners and the leadership team to ensure your product strategy fits into the larger organizational strategy.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Masters Degree in a technical field like computer science or systems engineering.
* Experience with using or administering any of the following platforms: Gitlab, Apigee, AWS Cloud platform, Google Cloud Platform, Jenkins, Ansible, Stack Overflow.
* Experience using these platforms to build, deploy or host a software application.
* Deep technical knowledge of the platform product you own, and also wide knowledge of the products that integrate with it.
* Hands on experience gathering feedback from customers, visualizing their experience, and building user stories to help improve a user experience.
* Experience working with a team that used Agile Scrum and continuous impr
* Experiencespeaking in the domain language of technical engineers, non-technical legal and risk analysts, and easily translate between the two.ovement methodologies to improve their software delivery maturity.
* Experience with BI tools to organize data and gather insights about user experience.
* Enough perspective and experience to know when to invest in paying down technical debt vs working on new features.
* Experience in integrating products with google analytics (or related product) to effectively manage the causal relationship between new features/bugfixes and customer experience.
* Understanding on how to use REST APIs to gather data about user experience.
* Ability to influence others who do not report to you. Getting them excited about the work they are doing by showing them how it fits into a larger picture to give them purpose.
* Experience as a public speaker.
* Excellent planning and time management skills.
* Ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.