Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking to hire senior researcher engineers to join our Innovation team at our downtown Chicago location.
Our team works on a diverse set of data and systems including accident data, location data, computer vision, mobility data, demographics, and deep learning tools to create safety solutions, and cutting-edge risk assessing platforms. This is a great opportunity to work with a talented team of some of the world's leading experts to build solutions that are not only groundbreaking, but also helps make driving safer and save lives.
The Senior Researcher Engineer will develop novel methods, tools, algorithms and techniques that can leverage both structured and semi-structured data to solve tough problems like mobility analytics, accident avoidance and risk prediction for traditional insurance and safety products. He/she will also create concepts and prototype solutions taking computer vision and deep learning research from the drawing board to working demonstrations of early products and services.
* Understand the technical problem and solution space, explore analytical and experimentation approach to create solution proof points.
* Conduct collaborative research with outside partners, including leading Universities and strategic business partners. Investigate technology trends, industry advancements and application of those technologies within our solution set. A strong passion for empirical research is a necessary trait.
* Collaborate in a fast-changing environment and to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues who range from academic researchers, senior data scientists, Developers, Dev Ops, Hardware engineers, and Product managers.
* Present findings for enterprise specific topics to senior leadership.
* Prepare and deliver presentations and/or training sessions to share insights from research, software, tools or procedures to internal and external audience on a periodic basis.
* Develop methods, tools, algorithms, processing approaches for business solutions and product development.
* Bachelor's in computer science, math, or a highly quantitative discipline.
* Deep knowledge of embedded automotive systems development, mobile device management, mobile software development, web services, and cloud computing to support high volume and low latency-sensitive data.
* Mastery of one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Python, Java, Swift.
* Knowledge of advanced data processing/real time systems using tools such as Autoware, ROS, and other real time OS', and QT.
* Knowledge in statistical methods and analysis including a deep understanding of regression and classification techniques.
* 7 to 12 years of experience in research and product concepting.
* Proficiency in location data and database management: create, edit, update, join, append and query data from relational DBs and big data platforms.
* Proficiency with data visualization and graphics tools for the creation of professional presentations, reports, web content, or education materials.
* Genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning and pushing technical limits when finding new solutions.
* Ability to create and maintain good working relationships and collaborations while being able to work independently and take initiative.
* Experience/knowledge in model optimization, evaluation, comparison, validation and selection.
* Experience related to embedded device development, location data APIs, and transportation systems is highly desired.
* Experience in predictive model development, machine learning (MLlib, Mahout) and visualization tools of complex data.
* Experience taking ideas from inception to pre-production products is highly desired.
Allstate is a company operating as a personal lines property and casualty insurer.