Arity is a technology company founded by The Allstate Corporation focused on making transportation safer, smarter and more useful for everyone. We collect and analyze massive amounts of data to help our partners better predict risk and understand how people move. The Arity Platform is built on billions of miles of historical driving data with more than one million active telematics connections and 10+ years of data directly from cars.
Arity and our Engineering team
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver's likelihood of an event. Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value. Don't miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.
Passionate about software engineering? Write code all day, every day, in a paired programming environment with like-minded people. Extremely limited meetings and email interaction to enable you to be more productive. Help drive software engineering and xp best practices on your product team. Write tests first, watch them fail, get them to pass, rinse, repeat. TDD is how we operate. This is a full stack role and you will be part of a product team that owns the testing (through automated unit and integration tests), development, deployment and support of your product.
This position is on site in the Merchandise Mart, Chicago, IL - Monday through Friday, regular business hours.
* A college degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar field, including a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
* 4+ years engineering software at scale
* 1+ years of technical leadership experience
* Experience and/or interest in doing Test Driven Development
* Experience and/or interest in doing paired programming
Nice to Haves:
* Experience with Java Spring
* Backend development, design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching), messaging and big data development, implementation and optimization
* Experience and knowledge in web and API security including authentication, authorization, OAuth, OWASP, OpenID, and SAML
* Experience in testing frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, Jasmine, Protractor, Cucumber, and other like technologies
* Experience with packaging/build tools like Gradle, Maven, NPM, Artifactory, Jenkins, Concourse, etc.
Allstate is a company operating as a personal lines property and casualty insurer.