Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is currently looking to hire experienced Full Stack Engineers to join our expanding technology hub. The Sr. Full Stack Engineer will be responsible for the development, testing, and implementation of innovative customer-facing native mobile and web applications. The Sr. Full Stack Engineer will be a technical leader on the team that supports front end responsive web sites and backend Java and Node.js services.
* Engineer and implement solutions for web front end and native mobile backend webservices.
* Participates and contributes to all phases in engineering new digital products, including coding, defect correction, unit testing, code review, and deployment planning.
* Work in an agile (Scrum) development environment.
* Production monitoring and support as needed.
* Provides expertise on current standards and cutting edge technologies and frameworks.
* Partners closely with product owner to define user requirements.
* Provides sizing estimates for user stories.
* Assists in producing, and executes on well-documented technical designs.
* Advises on best practices for mobile, web, and backend platform design
* 4+ years of hands-on Web and/or Mobile development
* 4+ years of hands-on Webservice development.
* Experience in AWS Cloud hosted applications a plus.
* Experience with enterprise level, high-availability application development required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Up to date on current development standards, including responsive web design.
* Strong understanding of Test Driven Development.
* Insurance or Financial industry experience a plus.
Allstate is a company operating as a personal lines property and casualty insurer.