Senior Project Manager
Axiom is a recognized leader in the business of law and growing faster than anyone in the industry. We're a new category of professional services firm that applies best practices from other industries to help General Counsel do legal work intelligently.
We are seeking a senior level Project Manager for our Technology Product Development team.
The Project Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of Technology Product Development Team projects while providing project management guidance to clients internal and external, leadership team and other stakeholders. He or she is a day-to-day lead on assigned Technology Product Development projects and works with technical leadership to perform evaluations and feasibility reviews of creative concepts and technology solutions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Act as a point of project escalation and resolution during the project lifecycle as it relates to project decisions
Determine and provide a necessary level of project documentation during all project phases, based on Technical Product Development group standards and procedures and discussions with technical staff, industry experience, and technical vendors
Assist the Senior Director of Technology Product Development - Customer Success with scoping, identification of project deliverables, and creation of project-specific documentation such as project plans, communication plans, deployment run books, reports, budgets, etc.
Proactively work with producers to ensure that appropriate staffing resources are assigned, put in place, and effectively utilized at the appropriate time
Effectively lead the planning and implementation of project with ability to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
Define project tasks and resource requirements and actively develop full scale project plans
Assemble and coordinate project staff
Manage project budget and effectively deploy project resource allocation
Work closely with quality assurance resources to create test plans and ensure that issues are properly assigned, fixed, and regressed
Communicate daily regarding project status with appropriate team members and stakeholders
Provide project management consultancy to department staff and participate in business development efforts including proposals, development plans, and presentations, as directed
Keep abreast of industry trends and advancements in project management methodology
Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
Success will be measured in a variety of areas, including but not limited to:
* Consistently ensuring integrity of project deliverables
* Consistently adhering to and working within the Technology Product Development group's standards, practices, and procedures
* Consistently operating within Axiom's values and cultural style
* Successfully executing the roles and responsibilities of this position
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or information systems
* 5+ years leading development projects and teams, preferably in an professional services environment
* Demonstrated proficiency with various forms of project management methodology i.e. agile, waterfall
* Extensive experience with a variety of technology development and implementation projects
* Reasonable understanding of Salesforce and SAS
* Familiarity with web standards and best practices
* Knowledge of latest industry trends in project and program management
* Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills with demonstrable previous project management experience
* Must be able exhibit project management thought leadership, amongst both peers and clients
* Passionate team member, who can motivate individuals across different disciplines
* Superb problem solving ability, with a knack for process and product innovation
* Ability to communicate with business and technical audiences and produce collateral suitable for multiple audience types, both client-facing and internal
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Demonstrable skills and experience in risk and issue management, communication management, and systems life cycle management.
Advantageous to possess formal certification of Project Management Expertise
Who We Are
This position is with Axiom's Outsourcing team. The team - comprised of technologists, process engineers, management consultants, expert lawyers, negotiators and paralegals - delivers process efficiencies to our clients through diagnostic and solutions design expertise, rigorous workflow management methodology and our multi-shore delivery infrastructure. A leader in end-to-end management and delivery of law departments' most operationally intensive functions (e.g., commercial contracts, derivatives agreements, and compliance activities), Axiom takes full ownership of outsourcing teams under multiyear arrangements and responsibility for hitting SLAs.
Indeed, the Legal and Compliance industries have historically lacked a delivery model that integrates both legal know-how and operational excellence. In-house departments tend to be sub-scale, law firms lack process DNA, and traditional BPO providers lack legal know-how. Axiom's process and technology driven model delivers legal and compliance processes with tighter risk management, better service, and lower cost. Unlike Management Consulting firms, the Managed Services team at Axiom is charged with building and executing - not just advising. This critical distinction is what has attracted an incredibly talented team made up of partners and consultants from leading strategy consulting firms (McKinsey, BCG), pioneers from the world of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), and experts in cutting edge technologies and systems.
Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is the world's largest and fastest growing legal services firm. Combining deep legal and business expertise with operational prowess, Axiom works closely with leading law departments to improve their risk profiles and create more value for their corporations. The 1,000 person, new model firm serves nearly half of the Fortune 100 via 11 offices and 4 delivery centers globally. The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is "rewriting the law firm business model." In addition, Axiom CEO Mark Harris' accolades include recognition by the Financial Times as a "top ten agent for change," by Forbes as a "name you need to know," by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers, by the ABA as a "legal rebel" and by the Aspen Institute as a 2013 Henry Crown Fellow. www.AxiomLaw.com
Axiom Global is a company providing a corporate legal talent marketplace.