Axiom, a new model professional services firm and a revolution in the legal industry, is seeking a Network/Infrastructure administrator to support and maintain Axiom's growing global IT infrastructure.
What We're Looking For
This is a rare opportunity for an industrious problem solver with a strong technology background to become part of a tight-knit team working to scale a global IT infrastructure in support of expanding business lines. Primarily supporting and maintaining Axiom's global IT infrastructure, we require an individual with a tremendous amount of initiative, organizational skills and the desire to work in an innovative, entrepreneurial environment and grow within a growing business. Some after-hours / weekend work will be necessary to minimize the impact of system changes to your end users and to ensure project timelines are met.
The Network/Infrastructure Administrator will:
* Work with Axiom's IT team to ensure a secure, available, effective and reliable computing environment across offices.
* Assist in the support and maintenance of Axiom's server, virtualization and Active Directory infrastructures.
* Assist in the support and maintenance of Axiom's voice and data networks.
* Evaluate, propose and implement procedures for deployment, monitoring, maintaining, securing, auditing and standardization of the Axiom environment.
* Support end-users as their needs relate to Axiom's infrastructure.
* Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team, willing to develop the technical skills of other team members whenever possible.
Successful candidates possess the following skills:
* Bachelor's degree from 4 year school or a minimum of five years of related work experience with a successful track record.
* Ability to succeed in fast paced environments at a high-growth; comfortable with tight timelines; possessing a sense of urgency.
* Ability to find creative solutions to problems combined with a willingness to do what one must to ensure timelines and goals are met.
* Ability to work as a member of a team, lead specialists, manage all aspects of projects, and provide consultancy to users.
* Decisiveness, good judgement, strong organization skills, project management skills, strong technical knowledge, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong documentations skills
* Ability to manage one's own schedule amidst several competing projects while managing other's expectations
* Ability to quickly master complexities & nuances of diverse computing environments & technologies in support of business process outsourcing relationships where Axiom must integrate itselt within it customers ecosystem.
* Ability and a strong desire to provide exceptional in-person and remote support to our user base across our offices.
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep abreast of the latest technological advances.
* Ability to always keep an open attitude to sharing information.
Succesful candidates possess the following technical skills/background:
* Thorough knowledge and experience in administering Windows Server OS (2008 and 2012) servers in domain environment including installing, troubleshooting and configuring Domains, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Group Policy, FSMO roles, User/Group administration, auditing event logs. MCSA, MCSE and/or MCITP certification a plus.
* Familiarity with VB and PowerShell scripting and/or the willingness to learn and adapt these skills to vSphere and AD administration.
* Network administration experience (LAN/WAN connectivity, network design, network security concepts, firewall concepts, firewall administration, wireless networking, managed switches, QoS, VLANs, TCP/IP concepts). SonicWALL experience and/or CCNA certification desirable.
* Familiarity with management and maintenance of Microsoft Office 365 platform. IaaS experience such as familiarity with Microsoft Azure desirable.
* Familiarity with SCCM. Previous exposure to configuration, maintenance and reporting desirable.
* Familiarity of MS SQL Server administration and SQL language a plus.
* Familiarity with network and systems monitoring tools such as Dell KACE and Solarwinds.
* Familiarity with backup methods and tools (i.e. Backup Exec, PHDVirtual).
* Experience working in an ISO 27001 certified environment desirable.
* Legal eligibility to work in the country in which this position is posted
As a member of an ISO Compliant center, all hires will be required to follow the policies and procedures on Information Security Management System in place at the Chicago Center and globally at Axiom. As a member of our team, you will have access to various company and client assets and will be required to maintain the level of security as identified for each asset.
Who We Are
Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is a new category of professional services firm and the world's largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for large enterprises. We're comprised of over 1,500 passionate Axiomites who serve over half the Fortune 100 across 16 offices and 5 centers of excellence globally (and counting).
The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law and innovation in corporate strategy, while The New York Times said Axiom is "rewriting the law firm business model." In addition, Axiom CEO Mark Harris' accolades include recognition by the Financial Times as a "top ten agent for change," by Forbes as a "name you need to know," by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers, by the ABA as a "legal rebel" and by the Aspen Institute as a 2013 Henry Crown Fellow.
For more information, please visit www.axiomlaw.com.
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
Axiom Global is a company providing a corporate legal talent marketplace.