Senior System Engineer I
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small UASs, affordable radar systems, weapon systems, and RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We've earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors, so if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology, join us.
The Senior System Engineer I is responsible for design, development, and analysis of technical products and systems in an R&D environment. You will define requirements, flow-down, and traceability for complex electronic systems and use system design synthesis of simple systems.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Developing and running simulations and other analysis tools to predict system performance in various environments
* By presenting results during internal and external program meetings
* Using judgment to plan cost and schedule of minor activities
* Develop, track and present technical metrics
* Supporting risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies
* Performing other duties as assigned
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Must be eligible to work for any employer in the US and have existing DoD clearance with current 5-year update; must be able to obtain any additional clearances as required.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science. Master's degree preferred.
* A minimum of 4 - 8 years' experience in a related engineering field
* Experience with design and development of radar and/or other RF system
* Proficient with Matlab; DOORs and C Programming preferred.
* Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
* Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
* Physical Requirements: Ability to travel up to 10%; ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.