SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER
L3 Adaptive Methods is seeking a Software Engineer. In this role, you will be a part of a high-paced, small results-oriented team. As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for planning and testing software that supports a variety of U.S. Naval shore sites and platforms, including P-8s, UUVs, Aircraft Carriers, Cruisers, and Destroyers. You will use various tracking tools to track defects, provide steps to reproduce and track tasking related to test and software release activities, develop test processes, test cases, and work with Subject Matter Experts to develop User Stories that provide operational scenarios to test software against.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
* Collaborate as part of a team in addition to being a technical expert.
* Work comfortably in a fast-paced Agile Software development environment.
* Learn and grow personally and professionally.
* Be a quick learner and seek to learn, as well as mentor others.
* Willing to try to new things and see your efforts through the end, including field testing.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
* Bachelor's degree in stem (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math).
* Must have at least 2 years of experience in a similar capacity.
* Adaptability in a quick-paced and distributed work environment.
* Ability to manage work schedules to ensure deliverables are met on time with high quality.
* Strong desire to learn and grow technical skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Familiarity with the software development life cycle.
* Must be a US Citizen with an Active SECRET clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance.
* Travel is an integral part of this position, which can be as high as 10% as demanded by the needs of our customers and our business.
DESIRABLE JOB SKILLS:
* Operational Navy experience and/or demonstrated familiarity with Navy systems used in Undersea Command and Control (C2), Theater ASW, UUV operations and/or Submarine operations.
* Familiarity with software installation, integration and testing events at system integrator facilities.
* Quality assurance (software testing) or maintenance background a plus.
* Knowledge of batch, bash, SQL, and/or XML a bonus.
If you are interested in applying for employment with L3 Adaptive Methods and believe you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources Department.
Hearing impaired users please have your relay service provider contact our Human Resources Department.
L3 ADAPTIVE METHODS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing to include background checks.
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. citizenship, for access to sensitive information.
L3 Adaptive Methods, www.adaptivemethods.com, is a wholly owned subsidiary of L-3 Technologies headquartered in Virginia with offices in Maryland, Florida, Rhode Island and Washington. We are a developer of advanced sensor processing and computing architecture products for surveillance, security and military combat systems. In partnership with the federal government, L3 Adaptive Methods address critical U.S. Navy Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) needs.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.