The Microsoft Edge team is entering a period of rare opportunity. The browser space is ripe for innovation and has renewed emphasis from Microsoft leadership. We are looking for team members to help us shape the future of the web and build a browsing experience that addresses the latest challenges of the Internet. As outlined in our blog posts, we are adopting the Chromium open source project and intend to become significant contributor to the Chromium OSS project, in a way that can make not just Microsoft Edge but also other browsers better across PCs and other devices. Edge is already the most frequently used Microsoft application on Windows 10 but we have a long way to go to reach our goals. Come join us and help build a great product and a great team culture!
* 5+ years of related program management / technical product management experience
* Full-stack web development experience or experience in improving fundamentals of web/application/cloud platform
* Broad understanding of the web platform, web developer workflows, and web tools ecosystem
* Strong project management and people management skills
* Proven competency in organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, drive for results, and written and verbal communications
* Experience building software products with diverse engineering teams and stakeholders.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Manage our Scrolling improvements programs: Co-lead our projects in bringing a class-leading scrolling experiences to Chromium in order to make touchpad, touch, mouse wheel, keyboard, and sidebar scrolling as smooth as possible.
* Manage rendering and graphics programs: Co-lead our emerging projects in 2D, 3D graphics that will improve fundamentals and push state of the art of what's possible on the web in terms of graphical fidelity, complexity and performance.
* Work with Web Standards Bodies: Work with web standardization bodies and OSS projects, like W3C, WHATWG, IETF, etc., to define and evolve the web platform and its components.
* Engage with the Web Community: The PM will be responsible for working with Developer Relationships to listen to the community and drive adoption of new web APIs.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
* Web Experience: Understanding of how the web works and strong ideas on the how to evolve the web forward to help meet our customer needs.
* Graphics or Input Experience: Understanding of how modern interactive rendering pipelines work in principle and key concepts in that area. Understanding how a web engine rendering pipeline works is a plus.
* Communication: Able to conduct insightful, multi-faceted conversations with senior business and technical decision makers inside and outside Microsoft. Conceptualize complex ideas quickly and convey those thoughts to others in a clear, effective and motivating manner.
* Collaboration: Expert collaborator able to work effectively across broad teams and influence stakeholders of all levels and of all disciplines across Microsoft.
* Microsoft Values: As a member of the Edge Team, candidates must be excellent representatives of the Microsoft cultural attributes and leadership principles.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.