Join us as we take Microsoft Teams, our fast-growing collaboration product to the next level.
We are looking for an passionate product leader to define and deliver new ways to connect people, improve communication, and facilitate collaboration across a wide range of business applications and corporate cultures.
This position offer the opportunity to help envision and build the Microsoft Teams client and devices strategy. You will be responsible for coordinating product plans, building and managing roadmaps, designing features and delivering them across a variety of screens from the desktop to the conference room. This role is a mix of business analysis, product thinking, technical evaluation, user-centric design and customer engagement. It's a high value role that's both creative and technical with the opportunity to help redefine how people work and collaborate. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of delivering impactful client experiences across multiple platforms backed by web services.
What is working on Microsoft Teams like? We're in a fast-moving environment that lets us explore, iterate and deliver value to customers. Our culture is open, respectful and empowering. There are ample opportunities to present ideas and work directly with executives and customers to collect feedback. Our colleagues are among the best in the industry and have worked on some of the most successful products in the world. We share an immense passion for the customer and user experiences that surprise and delight the people that use them. We're also a team that likes to have fun, and we build that attitude into our product.
* 5+ years of program management experience delivering end-user facing products and services
* Ability to wear many hats and learn quickly, and the collaborative leadership skills to lead a change in direction when needed.
* Innate curiosity and ability to thrive in ambiguous and rapidly-changing startup environment. Self-starters and innovators with a positive, collaborative can-do attitude and bias for action are very welcome.
* Strong project management, leadership, dependency management and cross-group collaboration skills with a track record of managing complex projects with many partners.
* Experience across the entire product lifecycle - from project inception to ship and the know-how required to lead your crew to realize your vision.
* Strong affinity and experience in user-centered design, UX design and innovating on behalf of the customer is required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
* Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies, service operations at scale, and general ability to ramp up and go deep in new technical areas
* Great problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Regularly present new product plans, demos, competitive reviews, and more to the leadership team
* Manage dependencies across teams to ensure that features land on time with the required scope across desktop, mobile and web.
* Engage with customers and internal preview users, and triage, prioritize, and address customer feedback for your area
* Contribute to the overall product strategy and roadmap, as well as stay in sync with end-user features and service infrastructure
* Track all defined deliverables from conception through launch, leveraging established processes, tools, and communications mechanisms
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.