Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The CCE (Cloud Connectivity Engineering) Private Networking team is for looking for a Network Service Engineer to help deploy, maintain, monitor, troubleshoot and architect MLS Private network lab networks supporting the development and test of Microsoft products.
The candidate must meet the below bar for consideration for this position.
* 6+ years' experience as a Service Operations or Service Engineer directly supporting development and test in a product team environment
* Must have experience gained from involvement in four or more software product cycles, end-to-end.
* Must have experience with software and hardware procurement processes (business case development, purchasing, acquisition, implementation, and tracking)
* Must have experiencing negotiating with 3rd party companies including suppliers and resource agencies
* Demonstrable experience designing and supporting development, test and production networks using security technologies that include, but are not limited to VPN, firewalls, NATs and IPSec
* Demonstrable experience designing and deploying test and production networks solutions for cloud based deployments
* Demonstrable experience with designing and deploying load balanced services/applications
* Strong Network Engineering skillset that includes:
* Packet capture analysis skills
* Extensive Cisco IOS and Arista experience
* IPv4/IPv6 Subnetting
* Deep BGP & OSPF knowledge and deployment experience
* DNS and DHCP
* Server authentication knowledge, AD, Kerberos, NTLM
* Ability to design and deploy network ACLs for traffic engineering
* Be part of an on-call rotation to help handle emergencies
* Personality: Team player, attention to detail, customer focused, ability to multi-task, good communication skills and a desire to make the network better.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
This person will be responsible for the day to day operations of the MLS Private lab networks across the globe. This will include, but is not limited to:
* Configure and deploy routers, switches, and any other networking gear required for developing and testing all Microsoft product development and testing
* End to end troubleshooting of all networking issues, wired, Wi-Fi or other protocols
* Work with Microsoft product teams to design and deploy any networking scenarios required
* Creation, management and upkeep of all networking documentation
* Gather and analyze key Networking metrics/KPIs and respond appropriately. Data is king when making decisions!
* Support network gear from a wide variety of vendors, Cisco, Arista, Brocade, Extreme, and others
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.