Interested in a ground floor opportunity to drive the Microsoft 365 business forward? The M365 Security and Compliance team is taking a big bet on engaging the end user in security and compliance, and we're looking for a rockstar PM to drive it.
The team delivers data protection, device protection and user protection capabilities across Windows and Office 365. These award-winning technologies protect enterprises, governments and educational institutions- powering the modern workplace. This suite is already a revenue and usage growth engine for Office 365 and Windows, and over the coming year we are growing the team to accelerate 10x faster!
So far we've focused heavily on engaging the security and compliance admins within an org. But engaging the end user results in stronger signals, faster response times to events, and greater ability to scale. This role involves building a vision and roadmap rooted in customer research and data, on the various ways that the end user could be engaged in strengthening the security and compliance posture of their org. You would then work closely with engineering, design and a large number of partner teams to execute on that vision.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* 3+ years of experience as a product/program manager
* Energy, motivation, and scrappiness: someone who just gets the job done
* Demonstrated passion for customers
* A track record of data-driven decision making
* User experience chops
* Excellent communication skills
* Technical depth
Sound like fun? Join us!
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Although there's no typical day in the life of a PM, here are some tasks you can expect to do:
* Engaging with customers to understand their requirements. You'll need to be good at driving the conversation without leading the customer in a particular direction.
* Defining the right KPIs to measure the impact of your feature.
* Poring over telemetry data to understand how your feature is doing, drawing insights from the data, determining the right next steps.
* Working with the Design team to define, and refine, the ideal experience.
* Working with User Research to design, and conduct, usability studies.
* Designing- and running- experiments to improve the user experience.
* Working with the dev team to plan the next set of features. Have brainstorming sessions on how best to implement a feature under technical or resource constraints.
* Building videos and blog posts to help customers understand, and be successful with, the fun stuff you just shipped.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.