Billions of users. Billions of dollars. Millions of products. Sell everything: apps, games, TVs and Movies, hardware, subscriptions, and much more. We are Microsoft Catalog and Ecosystems.
If you are excited by working on software at the scale of one of the largest online marketplaces in the world, then this is your dream job. If you are attracted by opportunities of solving unique problems, analyzing performance, simplifying complex workflows, and delivering super-fast data flows, then we'd be delighted to hear from you!
The Commerce + Ecosystems team is developing some of Microsoft's largest scale and business critical cloud services. These services have a huge global footprint of over 240 markets and process millions of transactions daily. The platform powers all of Microsoft's key services - Windows Store, XBOX, Office 365, Azure to name just a few. Whether renting a movie or buying a game on Xbox LIVE, purchasing an app on a Windows, updating windows, signing up for an Office 365 subscription or paying for Azure services, you are using the Store Core platform.
* 3+ years demonstrated experience in designing and developing enterprise-level internet scale services/solutions
* Strong design and programming skills in C# or Java
* Excellent analytical skills
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation, communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences
* Ability to work independently and in a team setting and be able to research innovative solutions for challenging business/technical problems
* Expertise and knowledge in modern engineering practices (Continuous Integration, TDD, automated deployments with integrated quality gates)
* Experience designing and implementing ReSTful APIs
* Experience with microservices architecture and/or cloud Platforms like Windows Azure Platform, Amazon AWS, Google Apps
* Experience with Big Data/Analytic Systems like Cosmos or Hadoop implementations
* Experience in messaging platforms like Kafka, Azure Eventhub, or AWS Kinesis
* Experience in Machine Learning
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
We are the Catalog team. We specialize in a massive infrastructure that handles the core catalog functionality for all of Microsoft. Every time a customer searches, buys, or gets a license for a product in the marketplace, they are using the Catalog. If you have a gamer-tag, or if you've used your Xbox, Windows Store to purchase a game, a video, a subscription, or an app, then you're one of our customers. With this scale and reach you'll find the opportunity to make an impact on Microsoft's bottom-line directly as we process 90% of Microsoft's revenue.
To build to this scale, we're expanding and looking for great developers! You should have a solid understanding of the software development cycle, from architecture designs to testing. You'll have a passion for quality and be a creative thinker. You'll write secure, reliable, scalable, and maintainable code, and then effectively debug it, test it and support it live. You should be comfortable owning a feature and making decisions independently. You will naturally share Microsoft's culture and passion for growth mindset and set up for success and growth in your career.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.