Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft's history and is the foundation of Microsoft's mobile-first, cloud-first vision. Azure differentiates itself as the only hyper-scale, enterprise-grade cloud, with the biggest portfolio of services, including IaaS, PaaS and Hybrid services. as well as being the most secure. Azure enables customers to iterate quickly, scale seamlessly at low cost.
We are seeking a dynamic Sr. Program Manager to join the Azure Compute Managed Disks team with experience of working with software or infrastructure products. As a program manager, you will be the customer voice and work directly with engineering, marketing and partners to help conceive, define and build products, which delight customers. You will drive the product strategy, feature roadmap, market positioning and GTM to meet unmet customer needs. This is a highly visible role, which requires effective written and verbal communication. A successful candidate will have a strong technical ability, excellent project management, great communication skills, analytical reasoning and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
* BS or Master's Degree (preferably in Computer Science).
* 7+ years of relevant experience in program management, management consulting, infrastructure planning and/or financial planning and analysis.
* 3+ years of professional experience working with large scale, complex data and solving problems using data.
* Demonstrated customer focus and end-to-end thinking across teams and experiences.
* Highly effective communication and collaboration across teams.
* Proven experience of managing large, cross-functional projects.
* Track record of high-quality, self-directed, timely execution, and attention to detail.
* Technical expertise and ability to communicate, work & build trust with technical teams.
* MBA preferred but not required.
* Self-starter who identifies opportunities and engages with limited management direction.
* Ability to build relationships and influence other teams to meet goals.
"Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To succeed in this role, you must be a thought leader, a driver, and help shape the direction as well as the deliverables for our global presence. More specifically:
* Develop a deep understanding of how customers use the cloud/infrastructure services to architect their applications.
* You will master working across boundaries, negotiating, and managing conflict.
* Manage a complex and ambiguous project, with executive visibility and many critical dependencies.
* Drive rhythm of business activities within the team and across the org to ensure end-to-end success of expansion initiatives.
* Work with top engineers across the division to translate the overall availability model into releases packed with customer value.
* Drive the designs that determine the quality of service to our customers, and that will become the competitive benchmark for the cloud industry.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.