Do you want to work on the systems that drive the financial workflows in Microsoft ensuring that the financial numbers, statistics and insights that we record and report are accurate, timely and compliant? Do you want to work on cutting edge cloud technologies evolving our systems in a modern engineering manner? Do you want to be part of the team that prides itself by owning it services end to end, demonstrates growth mindset and continually lifts the bar with every single deliverable?
If your answer is "YES" to all of them, congratulations! You are a prospective candidate for the software Engineering team in the Corporate Functions Engineering (CFE) organization in Microsoft.
The Outbound Royalties service has a diverse portfolio of applications that play a critical role in ensuring that Microsoft as a company pays Royalties to content partners, game developers and Search traffic acquisition partners on time with accuracy. This organization is also responsible for the systems that are responsible for the controls and compliance aspect of our business that processes hundreds of billions of dollars globally.
In this team, you will have the opportunity to design and develop creative and compelling, solutions in cloud that accomplishes the business outcomes in an automated, timely, cost-effective, compliant and secure way. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies and modern engineering practices. Delivery of solutions will be done via a DevOps model where success not only includes delivering business value but having a cost-effective, reliable, stable and supportable solution. We partner closely with Microsoft product engineering teams to ensure a great solution is delivered that can help our customers around the world and serve as a showcase to industry. To summarize, you will be an integral part of the digital transformation that is happening in Microsoft getting your hands in engineering systems of: observation, intelligence/insights/analytics, recording/reporting and engagement.
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
* Overall 8+ development and test automation experience
* 5+ years of software engineering experience building and shipping large-scale, high performance, scalable systems and services.
* 3+ years of experience with distributed computing, and databases.
* MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
* Excellent programming skills in any object-oriented languages
* Solid knowledge of data-structures, algorithms and object-oriented design patterns
* Understanding of distributed state management
* Experience writing and debugging asynchronous and multi-threaded code
* Experience developing distributed data processing pipelines
* Experience developing IaaS / PaaS services for a Cloud Platform
* Experience in a DevOps culture supporting live site.
* Working experience with Azure platform
* Experience in Agile execution / delivery.
* Strong skills in designing, implementing and testing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), REST APIs & micro services.
* Experience with Data Warehouse, reporting frameworks, building and leveraging data lake on Azure or from other cloud solutions providers.
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a senior software engineer, you will:
* Design, Implement, Validate, Release components/services/systems using your software engineering (designing, coding, review, testing, debugging, problem solving and analytical) skills in agile team that will measurably add value to our business partners and stakeholders.
* Develop designs that are complete from a usability, reliability, security, performance, scale, maintainability, extensibility and built-with-ops-as-first class aspects for the different components/services/system(s) in a cloud world.
* Write highly efficient clean code that can process large amounts of transactions with low latency and high reliability
* Design and implement cloud-based distributed systems load balanced over hot/warm/cold storage solutions (blobs/parquet, azure tables, in-memory distributed caches)
* Design and implement accurate and actionable internal monitoring and tooling to help maintain business SLAs and system health
* Participate in On Call and Site Reliability rotations to support live site and drive engineered solutions to improve customer experiences.
* Learn with and as appropriate, lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes that progressively advances our services' capabilities to its different stakeholders.
* Provide critical thinking, technical innovation, and attention to detail while serving as a trusted advisor in the organization.
* Gain understanding of Microsoft businesses and the varied processes along with their outcomes and collaborate with all stakeholders to contribute to a cohesive set of capabilities built to deliver frictionless experience.
* Define estimates, roadmaps and contribute to with strategy elements - from ideation to articulation to delivery.
* Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and deliver POCs to evaluate technology development towards service modernization and capabilities enhancements.
* Collaborate effectively with other teams and disciplines and drives improvements in engineering at the org level
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.