In this position as the Release Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and coordinate activities that defines a successful deployment. The ideal candidate will be able to gracefully balance schedule needs with creative imperatives, pushing for quality and innovation, while managing a sustainable release process. Executing on a project's vision takes many traits, but above all stand teamwork, leadership and a dedication to excellence. Coordinating the efforts of a large project team is a big responsibility; the Release Manager needs to be both focused and agile in navigating the complexities of the development cycle.
* 3+ years experience managing project releases
* Must has a passion for servicing customers
* Strong Cross-Team Communication Skills. You can talk to creatives (e.g. artists and game designers), technical people (e.g. programmers), and non-technical people (e.g. PR and Marketing) alike. When conflicts occur, you bring people together, you listen, you mitigate, and you resolve.
* Deals with Ambiguity. There is no instruction manual on how to be a great Release Manager. You use your instincts, experiences, and team to identify, assess, and solve problems quickly and frequently.
* Understanding of engineering processes
* Strategic thinking (long term, preventative risk mitigation) and orchestration of complex support planning
* Proven track record of driving strategy and influencing senior leaders
* Demonstrated record of thought leadership, driving change for improvement
* Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
* Exceptional Project Management and Organization Skills. You are detailed and organized. You never let anything fall through the cracks. You are clear, concise, and specific. You understand, track, and ensure that release data is 100% accurate.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work closely with product teams to understand business goals behind each release to then identify Release Criteria for a major milestone
* Coordinate and lead efforts across a large cross-functional team
* Clearly communicate issues, impact, and possible options as they arise, and develop action plans through partner collaboration.
Should be flexible & agile to be able to adjust the team's requirements & timelines based on time critical needs (both expected & unexpected)
* Build and maintain project health dashboards and provide awareness with respect to project health metrics (Result driven discussions)
* Identify risks in advance and drive the team towards successful resolution before the risks turn into incidents affecting the team or players
* Provide regular status reports to key stakeholders on the state of releases, risks, and mitigations
* Identify areas of improvement in processes and practices associated with continuous deployments
* Drive regular project meetings and ensure issues, action items and risks are tracked and have mitigation and resolution plans in place
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.