The Security Architect will be responsible for researching, developing and implementing next generation Security Architecture for MSFT Data-Centers and Exa-Scale Infrastructure. You will be joining a small team of highly motivated Processor and System Architects and will collaborate with the immensely talented MSFT software community to forge technologies that provide Security, Privacy and Trust for MSFT Projects.
As part of the AI and Advanced Architectures team, we are a group of computer/electrical engineers and computer scientists architecting and delivering premium-quality designs once considered impossible. We are a highly capable and motivated cross-disciplinary team responsible for delivering cutting-edge, high performance, custom SoC designs to meet the computing needs of Microsoft. Our team is involved in numerous projects ranging from traditional computing solutions to the control plane for Quantum Computing. We are seeking highly skilled individuals comfortable with working in diverse, multi-site teams in a collaborative environment.
* B.S. in computer engineering or related field
* 10+ years in researching, developing and implementing novel solutions in the domains of Security, Privacy and Trust
* Extensive Background in Processor and System Architecture
* Advanced academic degree (MS or PhD in computer engineering or related field)
* Successful track record of delivering optimized and validated hardware designs into production
* Member of Industry Standard Organizations in areas of Security/Trust/Privacy
* Proficient in guiding all stages of the hardware development lifecycle, from requirements gathering, design, specification, implementation, validation, and hardware bring-up
* Experience with technically innovative hardware designs
* Experience in requirements gathering and specification of complex hardware designs
* Familiarity with silicon bring-up, debug and productization
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Define technologies required for next generation security architecture of MSFT Data-Centers
* Explore and analyze the state of the art in data-center security and identify innovative and disruptive security solutions
* Develop threat models and planned mitigation
* Work with HW and SW teams to develop end-to-end solutions optimized for MSFT properties
* Partner with Academic experts to research and explore innovative and paradigm-changing technologies
* Participate in intellectual property processes in the field of security
* Interact with customers, and address implications of security features to customer deployment
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.