As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement:
Through investments in big data and analytics, Partners Healthcare Systems (PHS) is innovating and transforming the delivery of health care, research and discovery. PHS' Enterprise Research IS (ERIS http://rc.partners.org) team is tasked to provide the enterprise platform for raw data and self-service analytics necessary to derive insights and applications through development of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities.
ERIS is immediately seeking an experienced platform manager with demonstrated experience in transformative technology to develop and provide the services for data repositories and self-service analytics. This position will lead, in coordination with the program management office, and manage the multi-disciplinary engineering team that architects, builds, maintains and provides the Data Enclave plarform for Partners HealthCare.
The Data Enclave is a high-profile project that will allow the analysis of multiple types of healthcare data in a secure environment. It will enable data science teams to develop algorithms, leveraging different types of data coming from diverse data sources, such as wearable physiological sensors, EHR systems, etc., to transform patient care and medical research. The enclave environment will also enable Partners Healthcare to work directly beside our industry partner such that we maximize our compute capability but minimize the risk to the privacy of our patients.
The role is challenging and varied, requiring technical, interpersonal, technology leadership and problem-solving abilities. In the course of expanding and improving the service capability, you will interface with commercial hardware and software vendors, select and deploy new technologies and provide training mechanisms for platform users.
We are seeking someone with eagerness to learn and apply technology, versatility, and breadth in technical skills and customer service skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participate in the development of the technical platform, including the infrastructure, middleware and application stack, and provide technical advice for the design and implementation, identifying and recommending technology solutions.
* Maintain project controls that accurately reflect completed work against project plans, schedules and budgets, and ensure user/management involvement at appropriate milestones.
* Lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers in the creation of a resilient and scalable data & analytics platform.
* Recruiting, orienting and training team members, developing personal growth opportunities.
* Responsible for managing a 24x7x365 production IT operations environment. Monitoring, analyzing and optimizing IT resource utilization, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
* Responsible for the development, maintenance and governance of IT policies, processes & procedures
* Vendor relationship management, including negotiation and execution of contracts to make sure they are consistent, compliant and efficient.
* Identifying security vulnerabilities and eliminating them with strategic solutions that increase data security
* Collaborate with departmental managers to create and oversee budgets.
* Communicating with the technology team and other departments as collaboration requires.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending to educational events and identifying training and certification opportunities.
* Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
* Uses the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
* Perform other duties as assigned or required by the situation and circumstances.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience required.
* 10 years in the IT field, architecting, building and maintaining large-scale and complex platforms and with strong background in IT operational management.
* 5 years of running 24x7 online operations
* Experience providing infrastructure support for 3rd-party and open-source applications.
* Previous experience in healthcare industry is a plus.
* IT Management frameworks, such as ITIL Fundations highly desired
* The ideal candidate for this position possesses proven experience as an IT manager as well as a strong ability to problem solve and make decisions.
* Prior experience working with agile methodologies, Scrum and Kanban are preferred.
* Hands-on experience or exposure to Machine Learning or Data Analytics projects
* Managing an operations team under IT Service Management principles (using ServiceNow preferred).
* Experience with monitoring software such as Prometheus, Zabbix, Nagios, etc.
* Deep understanding of TCP/IP networking principles, and protocols, such as DHCP, NFS, SMB and HTTP.
* Working understanding of Active Directory, including Kerberos, GPO, LDAP, and Forest/Domain design/deployment.
* Proficient in High Availability and BCP concepts (Backup & Recovery, Server Clustering, Recovery Time Objectives, etc.).
* Significant experience with Linux and Windows Systems Administration.
* Experience or deep understanding of Infrastructure-as-Code tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.) and Configuration Management tools (Ansible or Puppet preferred)
* Experience with AZURE, GCP or other cloud providers
* Hands-on experience or direct exposure to Software Engineering principles and best practices - code version control using Git, CI/CD, etc.
* Exposure to the entire application life cycle, supporting planned releases to different environments, such as QA, pre-production and production environments.
* High level of initiative and eagerness to learn new technologies.
* Familiarity with information technology security and data privacy considerations applicable to a healthcare environment is advantageous.
* Standard office environment with travel to Hospital locations in the Boston Metro area including the data centers
* As projects and priorities dictate, flexible work and off-hours are required including evening, night and weekend hours to cover events, roll-outs and special projects
* Occasionally lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
* Expected to work during core business hours, however this position may often require working beyond that to meet project deliverables and operating conditions.
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.