What you'll be doing...
You will help build the foundation that keeps Verizon in front of the competition. The work you will be doing will enable the migration of customers to new network infrastructure, products and services utilizing agile practices. We will need to meet critical deadlines for large cross-functional and enterprise-wide projects and solve the complex problems that may arise. The program cares for the collection of Operations requirements, IT development, Network Builds, Vendor code, Methods & Procedures, Training and FOA Testing to ensure the IT, Network, and Service assurance processes are repeatable in order to release for Operational Readiness. Many of our complex projects require interaction at the Director/VP level and the development of Executive presentations.
* Developing end-to-end project plans to guide the implementation and migration of services.
* Balancing resource allocation, budgets, timelines, and potential risk factors that may impact project success.
* Managing a wide variety of project teams focused on different aspects of the network infrastructure, products and services and keeping them on task to meet deadlines.
* Directing the deployment of new product and service projects to ensure their integration and commercial success.
* Leading project update meetings for leadership and finding creative ways to resolve problems.
* Utilizing agile project management practices to deliver on-time from project initiation to deployment.
* Maintaining Confluence and JIRA processes.
* Establishing a cross functional project team.
* Managing the development of technical and IT support system requirements.
* Ensuring all Network Methods and Procedures are updated.
* Creating support and service assurance process flows.
* Making sure operational training is secured and executed.
* Developing organizational and work breakdown structures and responsibility matrices.
* Managing project resources, and performing risk assessments and mitigation plans.
* Driving Operations to the Standard Operating Environment and documenting process flows.
* Providing regularly scheduled Executive level reporting.
What we're looking for...
You are energized by the challenge of working through complex, cross-functional issues towards a transformational solution. You like consulting, guiding, and collaborating with multiple teams to align and deliver a wide variety of technologies in a complex technical environment. You can effectively communicate the business value of technology solutions to senior management, and are able to negotiate effectively at all levels of the organization and influence decisions that yield the best results for our company.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Project management experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Five or more years of strong project planning and project management experience.
* Experience managing large cross-functional or enterprise-wide projects.
* Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and active listening skills.
* Ability to multi-task, and focus on the details.
* Organization and time management skills.
* Experience using confluence and JIRA software.
* Knowledge of agile methodologies applied to project management.
* Strong knowledge of the IT process.
* Strong knowledge of Verizon's networks, products and services.
* Strong knowledge of our Network Operations Centers and support teams.
* PMI/Project Management, and Scrum Master certifications.
* Experience working with both management and bargained for employees.
* TDM Switch, Ethernet, and Transport Equipment (muxes, Sonet, DCS machines) knowledge.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.