What you'll be doing...
The Verizon CX Team is a new internal group tasked with evolving the Verizon customer experience across all channels and touch points through the design and implementation of innovative products and services that customers love. Working from a studio space at 140 West Street, the team is assembling the brightest designers, design strategists, researchers, and product managers to collaborate within teams shaping the future of the customer experience.
As a Senior UX Designer you will lead design initiatives that impact the end-to-end customer journey, designing brand-defining experiences for a range of consumer-facing products and services. One in three Americans uses Verizon services, so your work will have meaningful impact at a massive scale.
You are an expert design practitioner who grounds user-centered design solutions in product, tech, and business strategies. You excel in at least one core discipline, are able to work independently and deliver reliably within deadlines. You are a model and mentor for designers in your areas of expertise on your projects and contribute more broadly to our communities of practice. You are accountable for your growth as an individual practitioner and the growth of your peers. You are comfortable thinking on your feet and handling complexity. You communicate confidently, concisely, and clearly.
You produce sound, effective design solutions, and collaborate with your team to come up with ideas and make things. You provide mentorship to designers on your team. You get to know your partners in product, tech, and business and practice consulting through active listening and present rationale for the whole team's solutions. Outside of your project, you externalize your skills and knowledge to colleagues.
As a Senior Designer, you:
* Generate multiple credible design solutions.
* Engage in divergent/convergent group work.
* Judge solution quality and context appropriateness.
* Guide a range of exploration.
* Provide directional input.
* Identify design problems and opportunities within brief/context.
* Design within an established set of rules (patterns, guidelines, constraints, principles, etc.).
* Articulate user, business, or technical reasoning for design decision.
* Maintain organized working files and project directories.
* Explore, refine, and document solution thoroughly.
* Are attentive to detail.
* Maintain fluency in shared tools and software.
* Uphold and maintain standards.
* Objectively evaluate and refine concepts based on learning's from prototypes.
* Target appropriate methods and fidelity based on learning objective.
* Create prototypes to: (1) better understand the problem or requirements (2) communicate and create consensus around designs, or (3) better demonstrate design intent or feasibility.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience designing technical/business web applications.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in design or related field of study.
* A portfolio of UX design work from pencil and whiteboard, to wireframes and prototypes (blog, Dribbble, Github, etc).
* Ability to digest and translate complex technical requirements into intuitive experiences.
* Portfolio examples of enterprise applications.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.