What you'll be doing...
As a senior member of our Software Development team, you'll enable products in quoting and ordering platforms for Verizon's applications serving Large Enterprise, Medium Business, and Wholesale customers. You will identify, evaluate, and drive new opportunities through an expert-level comprehension of software design, APIs, and web technologies. You will collaborate with various internal teams on new technologies to make it easy for our customers to do business with us.
* Working with stakeholders, gathering requirements, managing projects.
* Leading multiple projects using on-site and off-shore resources to maintain and develop applications for both enterprise releases and smaller maintenance releases.
* Identifying and aligning project requirements and conducting impact analyses.
* Designing, building, testing, and deploying services and APIs that will be integral to the operations toolkit.
* Performing engineering tasks associated with analysis, design, and development
* Working closely with the business team, 3rd party vendors, and other internal IT teams to deliver projects on time.
* Embracing agile methodologies and showing an aptitude for being able to adapt.
* Leading the effort to transform the way we do operations by promoting a DevOps mindset.
What we're looking for...
You are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates. You enjoy working collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment to analyze and creatively solve complex problems. You want to transform the way we work on the inside to improve the experience we deliver on the outside.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Four or more years of development experience with one or more of Java Technologies: Java 8+, J2EE, EJB, ESB, Servlets, JSP, Struts, J2ME, Java Beans, RMI, JDBC, Spring Framework.
* Database: One or more of: Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, Casandra.
* Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
* Experience in an agile delivery model and knowledge of agile frameworks such as SAFe, DevOps tools and methodologies.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Knowledge in cloud computing - Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
* Experience building, delivering, and managing cloud IaaS environments using IaaS platforms such as OpenStack, AWS, GCE, Azure or VMWare.
* Container Technologies: Docker and Kubernetes.
* Additional Skills: Weblogic, iPlanet, XML/XSD, Web Services/WSDLGit, SVN, CVS, ANT/Maven, Eclipse, JUnit, Selenium.
* Development experience C, C++, Python.
* Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead global cross-functional teams.
* Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills, communication and stakeholder management skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.