The PGS Manufacturing & Engineering Solutions Team is responsible for the delivery of Pfizer's Core Digital Manufacturing Operations Management (MoM) capabilities at every level of the PGS Plant Network (ISA 95 Levels 0-4). These solutions are critical to Manufacturing Execution, Manufacturing Process Intelligence and Production Optimization that aim to improve product quality, increase asset utilization/uptime, automate manual workflows and streamline plant floor operations.
The PGS Manufacturing & Engineering Solutions Team provides common application platforms and solution capabilities for Digital Plant, Manufacturing Operations, Manufacturing Execution, Manufacturing Excellence and Manufacturing & Engineering Technology solutions, while ensuring a unified User Centric Design. Key to the success of this transformative digital mindset is the secure, seamless flow of contextualized data from the device & control levels, all the way to the top of the Enterprise. These solutions are deployed across more than fifty manufacturing & center locations across the PGS Globally.
Major Core Solutions and team capabilities for the Solution Engineering team being functionally aligned to each Manufacturing & Engineering solution area (5 teams and 20 core solutions) enabling the team to specialize in technologies, platforms and architecture capabilities that drive solution development and performance optimization
The Senior Manager, Solution Engineering - Digital Plant colleague will be responsible for collaborating across the Manufacturing and Engineering Digital Plant Solutions team to develop technology roadmaps and strategies that align with D&T's Enterprise Architecture Strategy.
The incumbent will bring Digital & Technology expertise for strategizing, architecting, developing and maintenance of systems to support Pfizer Global Supply applications and tool sets that automate business process both at manufacturing sites, as well as centralized PGS functions.
The Senior Manager, Solution Engineering - Digital Plant colleague's responsibilities include but are not limited to
* Defines strategic direction for developing, maintaining and optimizing the solution architecture for the Manufacturing & Engineering Digital Plant solutions portfolio
* Leverages expertise in Solution Architecture, Cloud and Digital technologies to support the design of solutions that solve real-world process manufacturing challenges
* Maps business needs to enterprise reference architectures, standards and reusable assets thus ensuring alignment to business needs throughout the project architecture, engineering and implementation phases and ensuring time/quality/cost benefits
* Identifies, evaluates and leverages emerging and innovative approaches, frameworks and technologies where applicable
* Collaborates with key stakeholders across PGS, D&T and Strategic Partners
* BS/BA Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Data Science, Manufacturing Processes or related discipline
* 7+ years related work experience; 3-5+ years supporting manufacturing or supply operations.
* 3-6 years systems engineering experience, including application selection, configuration, architecture and service
* Solution Architecture experience with .NET / Native UWP, SQL, Kubernetes / Rancher
* Strong SDLC and GMP application experience
* Demonstrated solution architecture experience
* Strong ability to engage cross-functional teams to deliver on value to business
* Adept at understanding customer challenges, navigating from problem to resolution and communicating process and resolution effectively both verbally and in writing
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
* Last Date to Apply for Job: July 2, 2019
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a research-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, manufacture, and distribution of healthcare products.