At Pfizer we make medicines and vaccines that change patients' lives with a global reach of over 780 million patients. Pfizer Digital is the organization charged with winning the digital race in the pharmaceutical industry. We apply our expertise in technology, innovation and our business to support Pfizer in this mission.
The Digital Solutions and Enablement (DSE) team creates comprehensive technology solutions for our external customers. This includes all digital (web, mobile, omni-channel, & devices) products, platforms, services and experiences in service of:
* Patients and Caregivers
* Clinicians & Study Participants
* Payers, Hospitals, Pharmacies, Pharmacy Benefit Managers, Government Health Systems and Institutions
Solutions teams within DSE are driven to ensure that every health system stakeholder is given easy access to the information and tools they need to manage the best possible outcome for patients.
Opportunities exist for DSE in many disciplines including web, mobile, artificial intelligence, and the electronic medical record (EMR) space to empower our stakeholders through seamless user experiences to support the detection, diagnosis, access and adherence for patients in their health journeys.
We seek qualified individuals to join us in our mission to fulfill our company's purpose as we advance breakthroughs that change patients' lives by ensuring they have access to quality healthcare services and Pfizer's medicines and vaccines.
The Scrum Master is accountable for ensuring Product Owners and Development Teams maximize the business value of products within the team. This role is responsible for ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use for continuous development and delivery of products and solutions.
Working with a talented team of functional/technical experts, they are key proponents of Agile practices and values, using these to help drive forward the program of digital transformation that empowers Pfizer's customer-oriented vision.
This senior position requires an individual with a proven ability to lead/coach teams across a variety of technologies, delivering solutions that meet and exceed stakeholder expectations.
* The projects that the Scrum Master manages are often complex and global in nature. To ensure their success they will be expected to: Plan scrum implementations effectively, ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team.
* Lead and coordinate Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives
* Coach Product Owners, helping them create clear and concise Product Backlog Items, ensuring they know how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value.
* Understand the project's functional/technical requirements and provide leadership to the functional/technical teams, helping them to solve some of the more complex challenges and engendering a collaborative, knowledge sharing environment.
* Establish an environment where the Scrum team can be as effective as possible, addressing team dynamics, and ensuring a good relationship between the development team and product owner
* Support the development team in maintaining a steady delivery rate, protecting them from outside interruptions, and removing impediments to their progress.
* Actively promote Scrum within the organization, working with other Scrum Masters to increase effectiveness/adoption of Scrum.
* Lean/Agile leader - Helps the team embrace agile core values, adopt and apply those principles, and implementation practices.
* Relevant experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software developer, technical project manager, systems administrator, database administrator, systems engineer, computer engineer or support specialist, engineering lead, technical team lead.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience as a scrum master, working with functional/technical teams of contract or colleague resources
* Have demonstrated ability and experience in technology solutions delivery in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment with demonstrated capabilities managing large scale, enterprise software requirements definition, designs and implementations in global 24-by-7 environments.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management or relevant disciplines.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships, influence outcomes, and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
* Excellent skills in planning, analysis, oral and written communication, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation, and the ability to readily learn a new business area.
* Proven capability leading projects in an Agile/DevOps environment
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
* Travel will be required as part of this role as it is a virtual position. Expectations around travel will vary but you will need to be capable of travel within the region and to other regions.
* Our business is a 7x24x365 endeavor. This role may on occasion require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
* Last Date to Apply for Job: June 26, 2019
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a research-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, manufacture, and distribution of healthcare products.