Pfizer's Digital Solutions and Enablement team are accountable for the creation, configuration, launch, and support of all externally facing digital (web, mobile, omni-channel, & device) products, platforms, services, and experiences, servicing all external customer types at Pfizer.
In addition, the DSE team is accountable for our Marketing Technology (Martech stack) inclusive of Digital Platforms, Digital Channel Enablement, Content Integration, and Marketing/Marketer Tools and for driving Digital Enablement within Pfizer, including Robotic Process Automation, Intelligent Assistants and Workforce Productivity tools.
Providing technical expertise across a broad range of web technologies the Rapid Response Engineer will be tasked with helping resolve highly impactful and complex events. These incidents include but are not limited to security Incident, e.g. emergency security patching of systems, Quarantine, Lockdown, response to DDoS attack or breach and High Visibility Operational Outage, e.g. primary DS&E system is taken offline.
In addition to situation resolution the role is tasked with identifying proactively finding and resolving weaknesses in our infrastructure and platforms, in collaboration with Pfizer Global Info-security, DS&E Engineering, and DS&E Operations colleagues.
* This highly dynamic role will require someone who is comfortable with the unknown and willing to take control of situations through their leadership and ability to break problems down and allocate resources to aid resolution. * Respond, triage and resolve technical incidents globally, responsible for identifying root causes, fixes and mitigation. * Produce Root Cause Analysis documents for incidents that require the rapid response team. * Proactive engagement with teams across DS&E to provide solid recommendations to teams on how to improve their resilience or security. * Establish close partnerships with Pfizer Global Infosecurity, DS&E Engineering, and DS&E Operations colleagues, ensuring alignment in all areas of security (incl. security requirements, tooling, acceptable operational practices/procedures, and the strategic direction of security assurance).
As this role spans many different technologies and platforms you need to be able to leverage your expansive industry knowledge and apply to the situation in hand, even if the specific technology is not a familiar area. You will ensure that potential flaws, security announcements are acted on across teams outside of your direct span of control and will be able to recognize and coach other engineers across DS&E who could develop their breadth of technical knowledge.
* Bachelor Degree and minimum 7 years relevant experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software architect and/or developer, systems engineer, computer engineer, engineering lead, technical team lead. Experience managing teams including the financials of contract or colleague resources. * Minimum of 5 years of experience with increasing responsibility in an engineering, senior development or incident triage role. * Demonstrable experience of modern software engineering, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and releasing. * Demonstrable experience of RESTful APIs, integration and microservice patterns. * Demonstrable experience of integration patterns, data modeling, cloud development, marketing automation, native and hybrid mobile development, push notification services, CI/CD practices, and able to lead software engineers in these areas. * Demonstrable understanding of code versioning tools such as git. * Demonstrable understanding of object oriented programming. * Experience with Atlassian (Jira, Confluence), GitHub an asset.
As above and including Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management or relevant disciplines.
Ideal candidates will be familiar with multiple of the following technologies.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships, influence outcomes, and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences. * Ability to work with others in a constructive and collaborative manner & influence resources outside of the immediate span of control. * Ability to lead in a complex, matrix environment with geographically distributed resources. * Ability to take a systematic approach to estimation of technical projects. * Excellent skills in analysis, critical thinking and planning, oral and written communication, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation and the ability to readily learn a new business area. * Technology solutions delivery in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment a bonus.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
* Travel will be required as part of this role as it is a virtual position. Expectations around travel will vary but you will need to be capable of travel within the region and to other regions. * Our business is a 7x24x365 endeavor. This role may on occasion require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
* Last Date to Apply for Job: July 3, 2019
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a research-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, manufacture, and distribution of healthcare products.