What you'll be doing...
This position will manage a team of project management professionals that are responsible for the 3rd party Telco and Global Real Estate cost for all US 3rd Party Data Centers. The team is also responsible for all IT development projects that support audit and inventory capability.
The decisions this employee will make will impact the short and long term cost liability that Verizon pays to all third party Data Center vendors. The Senior Manager will drive the cost and term strategy on all Contracts/MSAs for vendors regardless of Telco or Global Real Estate expense.This position will develop the strategy and partner with Engineering, Operations, Audit and the Vendors to create a grooming and decom process to drive year over year savings. The Senior Manager will be accountable to drive the cost out of the business and will report progress on a monthly basis. Manage cost through Data Center Audit, Documentation, Groom and Decom projects. Formulate, develop and implement sourcing and cost saving initiatives which will enable Verizon to continue to improve financial positioning by driving unneeded cost out of the business. Engage Sales, Operations, Engineering, Audit, IT, Program Management, and legal departments as necessary to drive successful project outcomes. Senior Manager will have Subject Matter Expertise knowledge of equipment and power consumption models that support all Products.
Datacenter IT Development projects: Work with IT teams to ensure we are providing the best in class systems in terms of productivity and accuracy for Telco and Real Estate cost audit and inventory. Work with Engineering, Operations, Audit and Product team members to develop requirement user stories for system enhancement. Ensure all process documentation is updated to account for any changes due to the development project.
* Manage the team: Foster a safe, ethical, inclusive, and performance-driven environment where employees can do their best work.
* Build Trust: Demonstrate honest and transparent communication. Empower employees to own their work.
* Connect: Listen to and care about employees.
* Develop: Coach and give regular feedback, assess performance, recognize good work, train and encourage employees to grow.
* Collaborate: Encourage partnerships and be open to new and diverse ideas.
* Set Clear Expectations: Explain "what" and "why," provide ongoing direction, hold employees accountable and take appropriate corrective actions.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or related field.
* PMP certification.
* Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
* Demonstrated high performance orientation, detail orientation, market knowledge and sound judgment.
* Ability to build and leverage partnerships, implement change and manage projects.
* Industry /technical knowledge of the various access technologies used to deliver Enterprise level Telecom services.
* Subject Matter Expert on equipment and power consumption configurations supporting all Products.
* Strong financial and analytical ability.
* Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
* Strong and convincing communication skills.
* Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required. Extensive analytical, critical thinking, and judgment skills.
* Ability to perform complex and highly technical analytical tasks and functions independently.
* Ability to thoroughly research issues and develop solutions to complex problems.
* Experience in developing executive level briefings and presentations.
* Ability to work effectively at both the detailed and big picture level.
* Ability to drive innovation and continuous improvements to evolve with changing needs.
* Ability to understand needs and objectives of all stakeholders.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.