What you'll be doing...
A a Lead Software Engineer you'll deliver codeand flawless production operation of Revenue Assurance (RA) applications for Verizon Wireless which is the largest wireless carrier in the US.
You'll work with a highly talented and technically skilled group of professionals who strive to deliver the best customer experience every day. You'll work withwireless ordering, billing and network provisioning systems to be able to define control points.
* Work closely with RA business partners to understand requirements and ensure smooth delivery of user stories for monthly Enterprise releases.
* Continuously explore opportunities to detect under billing, delayed billing and over billing scenarios. Establish a framework to automate manual queries and track corrections for audit purposes.
* Play the role of custodian of the source code repository and control code propagation from UAT/PLE to Production.
* Comply with SOX requirements at all times. Work closely with internal and external auditors to ensure a there are no gaps.
* Utilize DevOps automation to optimize efficiency and quality of code deployments to Production.
* Monitor all RA KPIs on a monthly basis and take corrective actions to meet targets.
* Cultivate in depth knowledge of Network Switch to Bill audits and be able to make enhancements as required.
* Automate data gathering from legacy applications to enable three way comparisons across ordering, provisioning, billing etc.
* Ensure all RA batch processes are monitored on daily basis and any exceptions are addressed withintwenty fourhours.
* Develop a set of KPIs to monitor the effectiveness of RA controls and provide proactive feedback to RA business partners.
* Leverage RPAs/BOTs to diagnose problems in real time and apply self-healing to prevent billing/customer impact.
* Security should be ingrained in every step of software development process. All security scans need to be kept current and any vulnerabilities have to be remediated withinthirty days.
* Meet public cloud migration timelines by developing and implementing a application migration plan working closely with Cloud Services team. You will be closely involved in cloud certification and performance tuning activities.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with Java/J2EE or C++ or Python.
* Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle or PostgreSQL.
* Experience developing projects in Agile environment.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
* Experience with Unix/Shell Scripting.
* Experience leading a technical team.
* Experience in Agile development methodology.
* Experience in AI/ML or RPA tools.
* Knowledge with HTML5 & Angular JS.
* AWS Certification.
* Experience with NoSQL databases like Cassandra.
* Knowledge with security tools such as Fortify, Blackduck etc.
* Experience migrating web applications to Cloud (AWS, Oracle Cloud or Cloud Foundry).
* Designing scalable applications in he cloud using Mircoservices architecture.
* Experience in big data management using Hadoop or related tools.
* DevOps orchestration with tools such as GIT, JIRA, or Jenkins.
* Knowledge of Blockchain technologies such as Hyperledger.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.