What you'll be doing...
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join the Verizon GTS Team. The candidate in this position will join the Governance & Transformation team supporting the entire Global Technology Services organization to drive efficiencies, speed and innovation. This role requires working collaboratively across the enterprise to assess savings opportunities, including data modeling and analysis. Additionally, drive execution and provide guidance on various initiatives to reduce costs and transform GTS. Furthermore, govern and manage the GTS balanced scorecard to increase transparency and demonstrate the value of GTS.
* Synthesize information from a variety of internal and external sources to provide actionable business decision.
* Create data driven models and various sensitivity analysis to evaluate, identify, and measure opportunities for value creation.
* Support enterprise wide initiatives to reduce costs and transform how we work, including process design and project execution.
* Lead development of effective key performance indicators and a balanced GTS scorecard to show the value creation and execution against our strategic goals.
* As the product owner, increase automation, enhance the user experience and increase adoption.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree in Computer Science or Business Administration.
* Experience in managing programs/projects, data modeling, and/or performance management scorecards.
* Ability to work across diverse audiences and demonstrate independent thinking.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to work with large, disparate data sets, performing data mining, validation and analysis.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and experience communicating complex data and information to nontechnical audiences.
* Ability to be a strong facilitator and lead cross-functional team meetings to resolve issues and align on approach.
* Ability to analyze the situations and develop alternative approaches to addressing issues, recommend solutions and lead the implementation of management decisions.
* Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
* Experience with program/project management methodology and leading cross-functional team discussions.
* Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task.
* Ability to embrace change a work in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.