Twitch is looking for an exceptional candidate with experience in both building technical security programs and growing security talent. Twitch is the largest video game live streaming platform on the planet, and keeping both viewers and broadcasters safe requires an exceptional focus on secure application design.
This role is the leader of the Twitch Application Security Team. You will lead a global team of talented engineers on assessments of the new products and features that Twitch delivers to its customers. You will identify, select, and integrate new technologies that allow those engineers to be more effective and higher leverage. You will work with Twitch's product engineering teams to educate partners and push security capabilities outward into the business. Finally, every time you watch one of our streamers delight their fans, you will know you helped make them safe.
You'll find a Requirements section below. If you meet all these then we encourage you to apply. If you only meet some of them but think this role sounds like something you'd be great at, we encourage you to apply. If you meet just one of them but think you bring something unique to the team, we encourage you to apply.
* Own application security for Twitch, managing internal and external customers
* Own the secure software development lifecycle, and integrate with partner engineering teams
* Own security review of new internal products
* Own security review of 3rd party and library integrations
* Own application security training and consulting for the business
* Own development, improvement, and reporting of application security metrics
* Drive cross-Twitch security projects with internal and external dependencies
* Experience in growing and leading a team of security engineers
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills tailored for both business and engineering counterparts
* Strong, demonstrated knowledge of modern application security techniques, including application penetration testing and mitigation
* Strong, demonstrated knowledge of threat modeling techniques
* Well-rounded background in host, network, and application security concepts.
* Experience managing projects with multiple internal and external dependencies
* BS degree in relevant technical field, or 5+ years of equivalent technology experience
* Analytical, negotiation, and influence skills
* MS degree in relevant technical field
* Experience in developing web applications in both bare metal and native AWS environments
* Strong systems engineering background
* Experience in one or more risk management frameworks
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.