Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The Creator Experience team is responsible for building products that help our broadcasters grow their audience and thrive on Twitch. The team is rapidly expanding to keep up with the demands of our broadcasters, and we're looking for developers to ensure we ship great products for them.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the Creator Collaboration team, you will be responsible for building and improving on features that help our broadcasters grow their audience by collaborating with other broadcasters. This year we shipped Squad Streams, a 4-person view for broadcasters playing together. Last year we made a number of improvements to Raiding and Events. We have big ideas for features that will allow broadcasters to work together in innovative ways, and we're looking for an engineer passionate about building user-facing experiences that are a joy to use.
If you are passionate about helping creators on Twitch grow and succeed, this is the place for you!
* Implement beautiful frontend experiences that are performant and fun to use
* Solve difficult front-end engineering problems
* Mentor and level up fellow engineers on the team through code reviews and architecture discussions
* Represent your team in frontend engineering discussions with other teams
* Take ownership of features by ensuring test coverage, adherence to best practices, and guiding long-term architecture
* 3+ years of hands-on experience building frontend web applications
* Experience shipping user-facing products
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience collaborating with product managers, designers and other engineering leaders in cross-functional groups
* A degree in Computer Science or equivalent academic background
* Experience with React, GraphQL, Apollo
* You are a Twitch user yourself (even better if you've streamed before!)
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.