Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch's Viewer Experience team builds features that attract, engage, and retain our global community of 100 million monthly viewers and counting. As the Watch team engineering manager, you will build, own, and operate the flagship Twitch product, the channel page, across our web, mobile-web, and desktop platforms. You'll work alongside cross-functional partners from product, data science, design, and marketing to execute a roadmap which balances technical and operational excellence with product agility. Twitch is uniquely positioned to dictate the future of multiplayer entertainment. If this future excites you, join us!
* Attract and foster exceptional engineering talent and accelerate career development
* Plan, schedule, and deliver high-impact projects alongside product partners
* Negotiate engineering requirements with various product teams across the Twitch organization
* Establish and manage operational and reporting processes for your team and your stakeholders
* Build and ship features optimized for user delight at low latency
* Serve your team by intercepting inject work and providing clear prioritization
* Last but not least, devote 40% time writing and reviewing code with your team
* 6 + years of experience engineering consumer-facing products at scale, 1+ years managing a team
* Ability to apply quantitative reasoning and UX design principles to building applications
* Sound technical judgment and a love for writing code
* Strong organizational and communication skills with a bias to action
* Experience with React.js and GraphQL in production systems
* Experience working with large-scale video streaming technologies
* Full-stack engineering ability
* Familiarity with AWS and Go
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Paternity Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.