Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Mid-Level Network Communications Field Service Representative to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA
and will focus on installing COTS Software, configuring systems and preparing them for deployment, then supporting fielded systems.
The Production team is one of three elements of an Integrated Product Team that work together on building electronic subsystems. The other two elements are Design and DevOps. The Production Engineering team physically builds
the subsystems based off of the documentation provided by the Design and DevOps Teams. Once the physical build completes, the DevOps engineers work with the production team to configure the network, operating systems, COTS software, and other electrical components.
There are several growth opportunities within our organization once acclimated including responsible engineering, ground systems design, network engineering, VMware engineering, Unix Engineering, Windows Engineering, and Project
* Perform installation and configuration of Windows, Solaris, Linux, and other Oracle systems
* Execute engineering projects on schedule.
* Collaborate with team members to generate, redline documented procedures and troubleshoot systems.
* Implement engineering changes to systems as required
* Responsible for integration and test of software and/or hardware systems in complex IT systems.
* Good planning, coordination, and documentation skills are required.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) discipline with 14 years of STEM related experience OR Master's Degree in a STEM discipline with 12 years of STEM related experience OR a PhD in a STEM discipline with 9 years of STEM related experience.
* Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Top Secret clearance
* Ability to support up to 50% travel and work a variety of shifts.
* Master's Degree in a STEM discipline
* Top Secret Clearance
* Understanding of electronics theories and technical principles
* Ability to clearly communicate, document and troubleshoot technical issues
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.