Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of a transformation that leverages the cloud to build and deliver new capabilities? If so, there is a future for you to support a portfolio of highly visible and strategic programs at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Laurel, MD.
* Perform as a software engineer on a large agile team transitioning a mission-critical product from a Windows baseline to a Linux baseline
* Work independently on complex tasks, both design and implementation
* Design software architectures for distributed systems
* Introduce new patterns, practices, techniques, or other contributions to a development team with a focus on increasing team productivity
* Develop asynchronous, distributed systems in a modern software development stack
Work with and mentor junior team members
* Shall have fifteen (15) years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
* Shall be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to programmer/analysts, as required.
* Shall have four (4) years experience out of the most recent five (5) years as a software development or lifecycle support lead or subsystem top level contributor on mission critical 24 by 7 SIGINT productions systems in one of the following areas:
o Voice or video processing system requiring ingest of multiple audio and video formats, playback to end users, storage, and retrieval.
o Transcription systems requiring input, synchronization and linkage with orignal content, storage, and retrieval.
o Field deployable voice processing systems including data capture of multiple audio formats playback, ingest, storage and retrieval.
o Average ingest, storage, content search and retrieval of 500GB/day or more of multilingual text.
o Distributed Peer to Peer content storage and retrieval systems with more than 500 nodes
o Metadata indexing, metadata summarization, content and metadata data mining, visualization and analytics.
* Shall have four (4) years experience out of the most recent five (5) years developing solutions
* Shall have four (4) years experience in evaluating project needs, determining tasks and durations, allocating resources, generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule, on MD Agency projects.
* Shall have six (6) years of demonstrated experience out of the most recent eight (8) years developing production software for one of the following environments: Windows .NET, Solaris, or Linux OS.
* Shall have six (6) years experience in developing systems performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid to large scale system/programs.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related STEM discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional system engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with polygraph is required.
* Knowledge of TechSIGINT Data, COPILOT, and Data Warehouse Platform a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.