Seeking an entry level Software Engineering manager for a team of up to 20 engineers, reporting to the software
functional site manager for Engineering, Science and Technology.
She/he will provide guidance to direct report employees based on organizational goals and company policies. Specific
responsibilities include coordinating with programs for tasking, timecard supervision, staffing, recruiting, training, preparing
and delivering performance reviews to employees, evaluating/recommending employees for promotions, evaluating
salaries and coordinating with Human Resources on potential adjustments, assisting employees in preparing performance
goals, providing career guidance to employees and counseling employees on their performance as necessary.
She/he will enforce software standards, software process, common software tools usage, product line component reuse
and software quality in accordance with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems guidelines.
The qualified candidate will also provide significant (approximately 80%) direct support to programs and/or other technical
efforts, including capture and proposals. This will include but is not limited to Software Engineering efforts, as well as
estimating, planning, risk management, managing cost and schedule (EVMS) and quality on programs to meet contract
Software engineering efforts description: Designs, develops, documents, integrates, tests, debugs, deploys and maintains
applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research
and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and
utilization of computing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system
capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques
and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops test programs, utility programs, and implements
computing development, integration, test and deployment environments and automated build and test processes.
* BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM), direct experience in Software Engineering
* Candidate must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance as needed.
* Candidate must have excellent written and communication skills and be able to work independently and within groups.
* The candidate must have a full understanding of the software engineering discipline.
* Knowledge of engineering process, be proficient in process development and implementation as well as functional
* Ability to facilitate/mediate in conflict resolution matters
* Familiarity with other Engineering disciplines
* Excellent interpersonal skills required
* Already providing direct support to programs associated with the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems San Diego
* Experience in Agile software development methods
* Direct supervisory experience and/or significant team leadership
* Knowledge of NGMS Spectrum Center based programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.