Search for more jobs
Senior Java Web Application Developer
* Job: 19121-MMCC
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Business Applications and Tools
MathWorks Business Applications team seeks a Senior Java web application developer to work on full stack design, development and enhancement of our Licensing applications and web services.
As a web application developer you will be working with a team focused on development and support of our licensing applications and web services. Our newly built web applications are undergoing significant investment to add business features - this is a great time to join the team! We support business critical applications and web services used worldwide by MathWorks staff, and integrated across the enterprise, our website, and customer-facing products and services. We use agile development processes and value skill, dedication, good humor, and a being part of a close knit team.
* Full-stack solution design and development (database, APIs, services, front-end)
* Ensuring code quality, troubleshooting bugs, participating in and leading code reviews
* Collaboration with QE, Usability specialists, business analysts, application users, and adjacent development teams
* Analysis of business requirements
* Ensuring applications and web services meet performance SLA's
* Participating in and leading daily stand-ups
* Coordinating project work
* Mentoring junior developers
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience) is required.
* Proficiency with Java
* Expertise in:
* Core Java
* Strong working knowledge of:
* Application frameworks (Spring MVC etc.)
* ORM (Hibernate/JPA)
* SQL and database design (MS SQLServer)
* REST services
* messaging based integrations (RabbitMQ/AMQP)
* Spring (MVC, Boot, Data, Integration)
* Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor peers on client application design and best practices
* Experience work Agile development processes (SCRUM)
* Designing and implementing performant applications
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.