Search for more jobs
Senior Software Engineer - Cloud & Kubernetes
* Job: 21067-SMAR
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
Are you excited about working with containers, serverless computing, and orchestration tools? Do you have a passion for building scalable fault tolerance systems?
The Enterprise Deployment Team is looking for a smart, creative and energetic and experienced Senior Software Engineer to evolve MATLAB Production Server. this is an application server for MATLAB based applications, for modern, dynamic environments such as public, private, and hybrid clouds. We are looking for highly motivated developers who are passionate about delivering production-ready, scalable software and enjoy working with the latest technologies.
* Play a key role in designing, architecting, and developing MATLAB enterprise deployment services and infrastructure for public clouds (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure) and private clouds using cloud native technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
* Collaborate in a fast paced Agile environment with a highly cross-functional team.
* Be responsible for the full software life-cycle from requirements gathering and high-level design, to coding, testing, debugging, performance improvement, and maintenance.
* Collaborate with team members to produce high-quality code that is correct, robust, efficient, and easy to maintain and extend.
* Participate in, and contribute to, design reviews, code reviews, and project planning.
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* Excellent API design skills and appreciation for elegant design and well-crafted code.
* Interested in Kubernetes, Docker, Linux, and serverless computing such as AWS Lambda
* Interested in distributed systems, fault tolerance, and scalability.
* Experience in C++
* Experience with scripting languages such as Python and Bash
Nice to Have
* Experience with Go
* Experience with building frameworks such as Maven or Make
* Familiarity with service-oriented and microservices design
* Experience writing unit and integration tests
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.