What you'll be doing...
We are looking Senior Java Developer for Mobility and Portal development within the Verizon My Business team. You will be responsible for leading small to medium business initiatives for Enterprise Portal and delivering best in class customer experience. You will develop resolutions to complex problems creatively and make decisions that impact projects & staff members. You will interact daily with business partners in marketing/ISO teams.
* You will provide end to end analysis of the application and identify the project changes for each impacted module. You will collaborate with the business partners, business analyst and interfacing team to define user interface, screen navigation and integration with interfacing systems for the system enhancements.
* You will drive end to end application design within the My Business Enterprise Portal and Mobile application. You will provide innovative/creative solutions for Mobility, Product and Services initiatives and deliver robust application design that provides intuitive user interface and easy navigation for the customer and thus drive self-service for B2B users.
* Software/ Application Development & Architecture:
* Analyze architecture, relationship between systems, and systems flow of end-to-end designs
* Design systems & applications that deliver business functions or architectural components
* Develop system architecture that improve designs & mapping form to function
* Performance tuning of mission critical applications
* Assess system usage trends and identify potential performance constraints with inter-system designs
* You will provide guidance to the junior members, both onshore and offshore, to develop, unit test and integration test the application modules for My Business application. You will collaborate with interfacing teams, define target dates for unit testing and integration testing and ensure end to end robustness and scalability of code. You will participate in defining coding standards, ensure timely completion of code review and security scans with Fortify and technical debt assessment for the code enhancements and take steps to meet the standards for these elements.
* You will support integration testing and end to end system testing and UAT. You will partner with system test lead and UAT lead to resolve defects, address application stability and security vulnerabilities and ensure superior user experience for the software modules. You will collaborate with interfacing teams and take action to resolve the defects.
* Production Rollout, validation and support: You will support production rollout of the enhancements with validation and post production issue resolution for enterprise release and maintenance releases. You will track project metrics and drive self-serve utilization.
* You will assess project risk, proactively take remedial action and ensure robust system performance and stability in production. You will adopt Agile, Dev ops and other enablers to improve effectiveness of project delivery.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Knowledge of applicable methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures.
* Background in performance tuning of Java/J2EE applications.
* Background in Mobile application integration with RESTful/SOAP services.
* Background in application design patterns and frameworks.
* Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
* Understanding of Agile methodology.
* Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic environment of deadlines.
* Ability to adapt quickly to changes in business requirements and technology.
* Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
* Ability to design and code from specifications.
* Ability to work through issues independently.
* Knowledge of NLP using customized Dialog Flow intents, AI/Machine learning and algorithms, Trained Predictive Modeling and Deep personalization on the UI using AEM
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.