What you'll be doing...
The Corporate Systems Group (CSG) is responsible for strategy and implementation of systems solutions that support ERP (Enterprise Resource Platform) activity for Verizon Finance, Accounting, Accounts Payable, and Payroll. This position is responsible for execution of Portal / UX (user experience) projects and other aspects of Portal/UX impacting ERP projects.
Functional expert and project management coordination following the agile methodology within the Portal / UX area, coordinating ERP project aspects relating to / effecting Portal / UX. Assist with large-scale, complex projects (duration greater thanOne year, budget over two million dollars.) delivering Portal / UX enhancement and upgrade deliverables - significant impact on Finance and IT landscape (line of sight greater thantwo years).
* Responsibility and decision authority focuses comprehensively on plan, build, deliver, run, status & budget tracking/responsibility of these projects (end2end development and deployment).
* Coordinate aspects of project lifecycle relating to ERP impact to Portal / UX systems processes and procedures.
* Create gap analyses between as-is / to-be system and process choices to support deliverable recommendations.
* Coordinate blueprinting sessions; provide business scenarios and high level data requirements for integration testing.
* Coordinate cross-functional teams tasked with writing and categorizing development objects along with process design documentation.
* Correct /modify / approve Functional Specifications documents (technical design) and ensure their adherence to business requirements.
* Plan, write, execute, status, and resolve defects relating to Portal / UX testing - Regression (RTC), Functional Unit Testing (FUT), Integrated Testing (ITC) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
* Provide business process input and confirmation of the list of test scenarios including specific SAP / PeopleSoft Financials and non-system/manual steps required, specific data conditions and sequences of steps. Confirm candidates for automated regression testing per automated testing candidate's guidelines to be established during Blueprint.
* Identify and document legacy and non-ERP application impact, test steps, and data requirements
* Flexible collaboration, complex solution/commitment development and central contact point of multiple internal and external (e.g. IT, Finance, AP, SC, Top-management level) and different level of stakeholder groups (especially Top-Management/executive level) with various demands/requirements and intersections to align/define the long-term strategy, align/decide on the project prioritization to fulfill the strategic goals.
* Provide input to training and adoption of new system functionality and related process changes.
* Compliance to Verizon-wide policies and procedures or direct impact on the re-design of existing policies and procedures.
What we're looking for...
You enjoy supporting large-scale system & process implementations and contributing to key Finance Transformation initiatives. You have Project Management expertise and have the ability to work with both technical and non-technical users, solution providers and system integrators. You can hold people accountable and people count on you to drive project tasks to completion. You accept responsibility to independently complete tasks in order to fulfill expectations and provide stakeholder value.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with cross functional program implementations.
* Experience working in an Agile delivery model.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, IT or related discipline.
* Experience in reporting and systems delivery.
* Agile or Scrum certification.
* Knowledge of financial systems and accounting principles.
* Project Management PMP certification.
* Finance and Accounting experience.
* Experience with ERP Cloud Applications.
* Experience with large ERP program implementations (SAP, PeopleSoft Financials).
* Experience in a management role with ability to manage and status multiple concurrent projects and deliverables.
* Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced changing environment with good time-management skills and the ability to work independently, accurately, and with a high degree of organization.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the capability to interact with team members and internal customers.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.