What you'll be doing...
You'll be managing the design, architecture and development of Verizon's brand new "Enterprise Product Catalog". You will coordinate work across multiple teams, Revenue Assurance, Marketing, Finance, as well as multiple technology teams to deliver a solution to reduce Verizon's time to market to launch new devices, products and plans.
You'll oversee strategic initiatives to transform applications and migrate them to Public or Private Cloud.
You'll find solutions, including collecting customer requirements and assessing solution alternatives based on tradeoffs in cost, performance, reliability and security, and be able to partner with the Network, business and other IT teams to recommend the most appropriate solution for business projects.
* Manage multiple competing projects/programs simultaneously.
* Provide architecture direction by working across the I.T, Network and business teams in migrating Billing systems from Mainframe to Open Source platform.
* Design detailed technical solutions /specifications which will be implemented by teams in US and India.
* See gaps in the existing solution and make recommendations on how to fill the gap and create a solution to solve the problem.
* Demonstrate expert proficiency using appropriate tools, platforms, and languages. While also enhancing supervisory skills, shows initiative and takes responsibility for decisions that impact project and team goals.
* Proactively gather insights into the business requirements and bridge gaps between technical challenges and business requirements
* Coordinate with other Architects, designers, developers, project managers and senior management on a daily basis to deliver an Enterprise Product Catalog with very high quality.
* Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
* Ensure consistency in deployed configurations and track exceptions for follow up.
* Develop and deliver technical presentations to executives, Revenue assurance and business clients for all critical business and I.T initiatives.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in one or more of the following systems: Ordering channels, Billing, or Finance.
* Experience with AWS or relevant cloud technologies.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience in Cloud Native Applications - Public or Private Cloud deployment.
* Experience in Cassandra, Apache SPARK, Kafka, Hazelcast, Oracle.
* Experience in telecommunication, development and delivery and/or experience with Netcracker RBM or Amdocs Billing System.
* Experience information technology, including leading project teams in systems analysis or software engineering.
* Experience in resource management, project prioritization, problem solving, issue management and negotiation, and mediation.
* Knowledge of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.