What you'll be doing...
As part of the Verizon Global Technology Solutions team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers' needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use functional expertise to act as an advisor to management and make recommendations on multiple medium to large-scale complex projects and guide staff members & peers. You will develop resolutions to complex problems creatively and make decisions that impact projects and staff members. You will exercise considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
You will play a key leadership role in Identifying architectural design and improvements, deployment strategies, continuous integration and delivery, testing and maintenance building upon a broad knowledge spanning all aspects of cloud delivery. You will develop key skills and knowledge within the Applications Delivery team to sustain the implementation of cloud operational techniques within the organization.
* Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence direction of decisions for organization.
* Work closely with teams across the company (including, but not limited to Product Marketing, Operations and Sales teams) to answer important questions.
* Prepare presentations and reports to internal and external customers, as well as internal Executives.
* Identify and develop improvements based on findings.
* Look for domain trends to drive success of the business.
* Design cost effective product delivery solutions with existing/re-using architectural constructs.
* You will be a change agent to uncover value throughout the organization, and communicate findings to leadership team.
* Prepare Operations Review cases backed with metrics and measures.
* Collaborate with IT leadership teams to derive business value on deliverables.
What we're looking for...
You view technology through a lens of making things better and more effective. Knowledge and creating continual improvements is something you thrive on. You enjoy the process of solving complex issues while empowering the team around you to do the same.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
* Experience with Ericsson Concept wave Order Care 5.X platform - Experience with Order Negotiations, Service Registry and Catalog Management modules, Workflow Orchestration using Concept wave Processes
* Knowledge of Cloud networking design and principles using virtual machine and Cloud Computing Environment
* Knowledge in CloudComputing - Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
* Experience building, delivering, and managing cloud IaaS environments using IaaS platforms such as OpenStack, AWS, GCE, Azure or VMWare.
* Knowledge of web technologies (such as HTTP, Apache, MySQL, orHTTP Proxies) and knowledge with Unix/Linux
* Experience with APIs integration with Cloud Service Providers - such as Azure, Amazon, HP Cloud, or Rackspace for cloud management and analytics.
* Experience in Solution Architecture, System Architecture and/ or Software Delivery/ Project.
* Experiencein an Agile delivery model and knowledge of Agile frameworks such as SAFe, DevOps tools and methodologies.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Development experience using Java, C, C++, Python
* Java Technologies: Java 8+, J2EE, EJB, ESB, Servlets, JSP, Struts, J2ME, Java Beans, RMI, JDBC, Spring Framework
* Container Technologies: Docker and Kubernetes
* Design Tools: Rational Rose, UML, DOM I
* Database: One or more of: Oracle 8.x/9.x, SQL Server, MS-Access, NoSQL
* Internet: XML, Java Script, HTML, XMLSpy 3.5 Tools/Technologies
* Additional Skills:Weblogic, iPlanet, XML/XSD, Web Services/WSDLGit, SVN, CVS, ANT/Maven, Eclipse, Junit, Selenium
* Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead global cross-functional teams
* Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, communication and stakeholder management skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.