Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
MS Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology is the global technology department responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) business. The department is comprised of 10 organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth Management Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application & Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the Chief Operating Office. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology works with large scale databases such as DB2 and SQL Server, proprietary and non-proprietary messaging software, a broad variety of vendor products, numerous financial exchanges and regulatory entities, and programming languages ranging from .Net and Java to Cobol and VB.Net.
* At least 8 years of hands-on technical experience delivering solutions using technologies including:
o Java/J2EE, JUnit
o Apache Camel
o FreeMarker or similar template
* Extensive experience with multi-tier, distributed architecture
* Extensive experience in OO analysis and design
* Excellent OO programming and debugging skills
* Good understanding of SOA, XML, WSDL, XSD
* Good working knowledge of Relational Databases (preferably SQL Server & DB2)
Nice to have:
* Understanding of AngularJS
Experience should encompass:
* Reviewing issues and program defects
* Recognizing system deficiencies and implementing effective solutions
* Ensuring that the team(s) deliver high-quality solutions for our clients
* In addition, the candidate should possess:
* Excellent analytical, and systems design skills
* Excellent collaboration/teamwork skills
* Ability to communicate effectively across all levels within Technology, Business and Operations
* Excellent presentations skills: communicate in a clear and concise manner; individually or in front of a group.
* Capability to approach problems as challenges and deal with them constructively while promoting this approach to other team members.
* Ability to set an example for team members in the following manner: hard work, a focus on client delivery, preparedness, organization, a positive attitude and respect for others.
* Development experience within the financial/banking industry strongly preferred
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.